Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
01-05-2020, 11:14 PM,
RE: IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
Hi Jordi,
Thank you for the reply.
I did read all the instructions and I am aware of the Telnet support you are referring to. You are correct it is easy. Nowadays I am most of the time at home because of the pandemic and in the last week I spent quit some time to learn about Swisslog. It is great!! Love it! Several of the features are great. Nevertheless I am having my problems with running it smoothly. I was using in the past HRD and N3FHP ACLog but now I would like to switch to Swisslog.
I am having lot of crashes and that worries me. Often after I close the program voluntary or involuntary I have to reboot the computer to be able to restart Swisslog. There were times but more with the previous version when I had to reload the program. I am not a programmer, but sometimes I had the feeling Swisslog would be overloaded and I would see some of the windows flickering. I thought when I turn off CW Skimmer, Swisslog would calm down, but I would still have to restart the program to work well again.
I was playing with the clusters and I did see your warning about RBNs. Does it mean that a program like the Aggregator cannot be run together with Swisslog?
I love CWSkimmer. It gives me imminently information of the stations my antenna can hear and decodes the callsigns before they show up on a cluster. Integrating CWS with Swisslog was a great idea. I was asking Scott N3FJP and Alex VE3NEA to do this with other programs in the past before I knew about Swisslog, but was not successful. I wish Tom N1MM would interface it. If you have an idea how one could do it please let me know.
I downloaded SV2AGW and I followed your instructions "Configure Packet Program. I think it is working. I see that SV2AGW is connected to UNpronto. I also connected DXTelnet to Swisslog but found that this was overwhelming the program and it would after a while no work. The WinKeyer would start to stutter. After I discontinued DxTelnet from Swisslog and it seems to do better. However I don't really understand what feeds the DX Messages window. When I open the Packet Monitor Window is says Disconnected on the top. If I press on the con button a small window opens up asking for a correct string of the DX Cluster, but it seem it does not matter if there is anything in that field. Sometimes I was not able to open the Packet Monitor Window and it would refer me to SV2AWG that controls it evidently.

On a other subject I tried to do LOTW and eQSL synchronization. However it completely destroyed my databases. There are now about 3K more QSOs in my LOTW database than I truly have. My QRZ data base which downloads everything from LOTW us now doubled. There must be duplicates, but I cannot figure it out because they don't look like duplicates. Some of the fields are different and some not. How do I know which is correct and which not. The staff at QRZ cannot help. UTC time difference is -5 in Boston but because of summer savings time it is now -4. I saw that Swisslog does not consider it. Regarding my QSO databases I don't know what to do. I was keeping it up regularly but now it looks they are destroyed. LOTW does not delete anything.

Tahk you,
73, Alex

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG - by AK1MD - 01-05-2020, 11:14 PM