Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
02-05-2020, 12:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-05-2020, 01:02 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG
Hi Alex,

First of all, it's really very important to add exceptions to Swisslog to your antivirus and your firewall! Unfortunately there are many of them blocking or slowing down regular functioning of Swisslog. Also add exceptions to CW Skimmer and all ham radio programs! You will avoid many issues! Ham radio programs do many things: TCP/UDP communications, DDE links, internet outgoing/incoming connections, etc. Antivirus look out too much this activity. Moreover, most free ham radio applications are not digitally signed (a digital certificate cost a lot every year!) and antivirus look out much more unsigned applications. That's the reason you have to add exceptions. Also add exceptions if you have any Antimalware software.

Secondly, install latest Swisslog version 5.99g (in case you still use 5.99f).

Why do you use SV2AGW? If you use the integrated Telnet support, that's all!! This is the source of spots for the DX message / band maps windows. Go to Options / Connection to packet programs and select NONE in the Selection tab. This option is intended to connect to clusters via radio. Nowadays we all have internet connections so there is no need to use these programs. The Disconnect button will disappear in the Dx message window.

Regarding the LoTW/eQSL synch: if you performed the synchronization by using the LoTW/eQSL synch functions of Swisslog, it's impossible to add new QSO into your database!!! The Lotw/eQSL synch functions are absolutely safe. Uploads the existing QSOs in your Swisslog database into LoTw/eQSL and compare your QSOs with the confirmations received in LoTW/eQSL (to set the appropiated LoTW/eQSL Recevied fields). But it doesn't add any QSO!! If you have lots of new QSOs, I guess you have imported the LoTW/eQSL ADIF file into Swisslog and you don't have to do this. Keep in mind that when importing QSOs into Swisslog, Swisslog doesn't import dupes (the import function will give you a detailed report). But dupe means: same call, same date, same time (at exact time including seconds!!), exact band and exact mode. Look this example:

-You already have this QSO in your Swisslog database:  EA3GCV 01/05/2020 22:33:45 14MHz FT8
-You are importing an ADIF file containing the same QSO but time doesn't contain seconds (time in ADIF file is 22:33). Swisslog won't detect it as dupe because time is different!. The same would happen if time would be 22:33:40. Summing up: Time must be "exact" in order to detect QSOs as dupe, otherwsie a new entry will be added into the database.

Unfortunately it's a common problem because not all contest/logging applications uses hh:mmConfuseds as time format (many still uses hh:mm, ignoring seconds). The same happens with online services! LoTW uses time format including seconds while eQSL doesn't! This will create a big bundle if you import the LOTW ADIF file and also the eQSL Outbox ADIF because it will create 2 entries for common QSO in both files! The only QSOs that will be marked as dupe would be those having 00 as seconds (i.e.: 22:01:00 against 22:01) because is the same time although time format is different.

Fixing this will require you have to delete manually the "extra" QSO. Don't care too much if you have 3K more QSOs in LoTW. You can't delete them and practically it won't create any issues. eQSL allows QSO deletion but it's a big work! So the only place I recommend to do the clean-up is in your logbook database. Send me your Swisslog database and I would check if I can find a semi-automatic way to delete those "extra" QSOs. But I can't promise you anything.

Regarding UTC difference: although you have to set a time difference while defining your MyQTH, Swisslog will always check at startup the UTC difference defined in Windows with the time difference defined in your MyQTH. So when summer time is applied, Swisslog will release a warning informing user that the time difference defined in your MyQTH doesn't match with the one defined in Windows, and will prompt user to choose which one to use. Normally you have to use the UTC time difference defined in Windows. So don't worry about this and use the Windows Time difference when asked.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT!!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU UPDATE SWISSLOG - by EA3GCV - 02-05-2020, 12:23 AM