Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swisslog + Dxcluster
14-03-2016, 06:42 PM,
Swisslog + Dxcluster
Hallo,
Is it possible to link SWISSLOG with a DXCluster like VE7CC interface or Spotcollector of DXLABS ?

For Numeric modes, is it possible to use FlDIGI in place of Mixw? and How ?

73's de Paul, ON6DP
15-03-2016, 07:54 PM,
RE: Swisslog + Dxcluster
Hi Paul,

VE7CC-1 is in the list of Telnet servers. You don't need to use the VE7CC software to receive DX messages in Swisslog. However you can use VE7CC software and configure Swisslog to receive from the local host IP address as described in the VE7CC documentation if you wish but it's not needed. Otherwise you will have to use VE7CC software along with Swisslog. I did it some time ago and worked perfectly but I personally didn't find it useful except of setting my own filters to avoid DX messages sent by users outside Europe (it's not interesting to know a DX spot form a US station when I'm in Europe!). I only use VE7CC software to set these filters then I connect directly to the VE7CC Telnet server in Swisslog. All saved filters with VE7CC software will be applied when connecting to VE7CC in Swislsog or any other software. In my case I have set filters to allow only Dx spots sent by EU stations. So when I connect to Ve7CC-1 in Swisslog I only see DX spots from EU stations because these settings are saved in my VE7CC account (it doesn't matter where you connect from). In Swisslog I can apply band/mode filters withput the need of using VE7CC software. It's up to you now to link Ve7CC software linked with Swisslog (by using the local host IP and changing the Telnet parameters or adding a new Telnet in the Telnet servers list). Please read the VE7CC documentation.

Swisslog only supports MixW, HamScope and TrueTTy for datac modes. I would like to add MMTTY and other interfaces but currently this reaches out of my programming skills. Maybe one day...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog