Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors saving QSO in 5.94
23-12-2016, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016, 02:10 PM by EA3GCV.)
Errors saving QSO in 5.94
Hello,

After upgrading to the new version some users are getting this error when saving QSO:

"Parameter BUREAU has no default value"

or

"The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'INF_XXXXX'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly"

You can get this error if:

• You are using Windows Vista and higher, previous version of Swisslog is installed in C:\Program Files folder and you didn't disabled UAC nor installed as administrator as it's clearly explained in the first screen of the installer as VERY IMPORTANT (highlighted in red color)
  • You have moved the SWLCTRY.MDB (country tale) or SWLSTAT.MDB (statistic file) from their default location
If you are in the first case please read carefully this thread where I explain the reason and how to fix this:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

If you have moved the SWLCTRY.MDB or the SWLSTAT.MDB, please continue reading...

When installing Swisslog, the default location for the SWLCTRY.MDB is the DB folder (where the Swisslog database is also found) and the default location for the SWLSTAT.MDB is where the Swisslog EXE file is located (from version 5.92 Swisslog is installed in C:\Swisslog).

The installer copy these files in their default folder when upgrading a previous version. If user has moved their default location, Swisslog will be reading the "old" versions creating a problem. Current version implements a new field in the country table (the BUREAU field) and new info tables (INF_CWOPS, INF_BCA, etc). That's the reason of the error because your current Swisslog version is reading the "old" country table or statistic file.

HOW TO FIX THIS:
  • In Swisslog go to File | Open country table and select the SWLCTRY located in the DB folder
  • Go to Tools | For experts only | Open the Stat DB and select the SWLSTAT.MDB file located where Swisslog EXe file is installed (the program folder)
Now you are using again the default locations and you won't have any problems in future updates.

I know that the best solution would be that the setup program read the location of these files in the SWISSLV5.INI file before installing them. I will investigate if the setup builder program allow me to do this for future versions. Meantime, if you get one of these errors, please follow these instructions.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog