Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Internet Callsign Database
28-12-2016, 08:24 PM,
Problem with Internet Callsign Database
Hi, I'm Dom F4BWJ an happy user of Swisslog since I've return to radioham activities after a break of a few years.

Since yesteday I have a problem with Internet search via QRZ.com and HamQTH.com. Searching the datas when I type a new callsign in the Add QSO windows doesn't work anymore.
I get the message "Callsign doesn't exist" after "Getting QRZ session key" in despite it exist on QRZ.com or HamQTH.com.

However my user name and password are OK, for example search via QRZ.com is still working with VQLog.

I'm very disappointed as this internet search is very useful. I really don't know what could have happened as everything worked fine until tomorrow evening.

Is there something to reset or to look at to resolve the problem.
I've tried to refresh the database connection, after that I've completely reinstalled Swisslog 5.94 but the problem still remains the same. Something has failed after a Windows 10 update? I really don't know.

Am I the only one with this problem or some of you encounter this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.
28-12-2016, 10:10 PM,
RE: Problem with Internet Callsign Database
Note that I've just made another test with Buckmaster Hamcall with its file hamcall.dat and I get the same problem with "Callsign doesn't exist" message even if i disable Internet callsign Database . It's very annoying.  Huh

Is there something wrong in the search callsign datas process?
29-12-2016, 10:09 AM,
Hi Dom,

Effectively the QRZ access is not working since yesterday. I'm working on it now and I will release a new version correcting this bug next week. However the HamQth access is working well. Probably the searched callsign doesn't have a profile in HamQTH but it works well here! QRZ stop working by using an old XML link since yesterday and I have to change it. I'm finishing other corrections and a new function and I will release a new version as soon as possible but it won't be before the end of the year. Please have a bit of patience because a need some time to finish all the work and also allow some time to send and receive the new documentation/messages to the French and German translators.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
29-12-2016, 12:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016, 12:26 PM by f4bwj.)
Hi Jordi,

many thanks for your answer. So I will wait for the next version of Swisslog 5.
I will try to investigate to discover the reason why I'm not able to get info from the buckmaster local database with hamcall.dat file enabled in Swisslog.

Concerning HamQTH it's just a problem of password there was a # in my password and it seems it doesn't work with this special character with Swisslog.
I've changed my password for HamQTH and now it works. I didn't paid attention about this before as I always use QRZ.com.

Best 73,

Dom.
30-12-2016, 12:48 PM,
Hello Dom,

Just let you know that today the QRZ access is working again. However because the XML link I used in Swisslog seems to be unstable I prefer to release a new version by using the current XML link to avoid more problems.

Best 73 and Happy New Year!
Jordi, EA3GCV
30-12-2016, 10:40 PM,
Hi Jordi,

many thanks for the info. 

I just don't know why the local database from Buckmaster Hamcall doesn't work for me.

Internet callsign database is OK but datas searching via the callbook CD (Buckmaster hamcall) in C:\ham0\hamcall.dat seems not to work unfortunately.

My best wishes for 2017 and happy hollidays.

73 de Dominique.
30-12-2016, 10:44 PM,
Hi Dom,

I have tested here with RACB and works OK. Please unckeck the "Search internet before the local callbook" option and try again.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
31-12-2016, 11:07 AM,
Hi Jordi,

I've yet tried several time unchecking "Search internet before the local callbook"  option but without success nothing happens typing a callsign which I know it is in the Hamcall database. Sad
I just get "Callsign does not exist".

Perhaps something not compatible with actual hamcall database?
I don't have RACB to test here.

Dom.
31-12-2016, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 31-12-2016, 06:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Dom,

I have detected that the HAMCAL32.DLL used in Swisslog is very old! It's dated on 1995! I have found the latest DLL here:

http://hamcall.net/hamcal32.dll

Could you please try to replace this DLL in the Swisslog folder (overwriting the existing one) and test again?

Let me know if it works to include the new one in the next version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
03-01-2017, 10:07 PM,
Hi Jordi,

many thanks for this latest hamcal32.dll. It works with swisslog. Smile

My best wishes for this new year 2017 to you Jordi and to the members of this forum.

Dom.