Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swisslog LOTW and FT8 Mode
28-07-2017, 10:03 PM,
swisslog LOTW and FT8 Mode
Hallo,
I have made few QSO's in FT8 Mode (a new Mode)
When I have uploaded my QSO's into LOTW, the mode AM appear on my LOTW account?
Any solution ?

73's de Paul, ON6DP
29-07-2017, 01:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-07-2017, 01:38 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: swisslog LOTW and FT8 Mode
Hello Paul,

The first time you upload FT8 QSOs using the LoTW synch funtion of Swisslog, a window is displayed to select which mode you want to map the FT8 (because it's not still recognised by LoTW). The best way is to select the general DATA mode. You have probably selected AM and that's the reason you have mapped your FT8 mode to AM. In the LoTW Swisslog configuration go to the MODES option and delete the mapping FT8 > AM. Select all your FT8 QSO in a logbook view based in a query which includes the LoTW Status field (i.e.: Logbooks with many fields(slow) in the LOGBOOKS folder) and edit the content of this field in all your FT8 QSO to an empty content (leave it in blank when asking new value) instead Uploaded (read Multiple QSO update section in Swislsog help if you have any doubts how to update a field in multiple QSOs).

Perform a new LoTW synchronization and Swisslog will prompt you to map the FT8 mode. Select DATA. When the FT8 mode will be recognised by the LoTW delete again the FT8 mapping in the Swisslog LoTW configuration.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog