Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counting Grid-Square ?
26-12-2017, 10:39 PM,
Counting Grid-Square ?
Hi List,

has someone already prepared a query (or ...) to count how many different Grid-Square have been worked / confirmed on the selected band / year / mode / etc ? 
It seem that SWL has a powerful reporting tools for various tasks, but lack of examples or already prepared functions ...

BR and HNY 2018 !

Pietro
Angel Angel Angel
27-12-2017, 04:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-12-2017, 04:43 PM by EA3GCV.)
Photo  RE: Counting Grid-Square ?
Hello Pietro:

Perform the following steps:

- View / Statistics
- Select GRIDSQUARE in the Statistics tab
- Select a preconfigured Report or create a new one with your preferred modes/bands
- In Display Options make sure TOTAL is checked (to see Totals). If you uncheck Detail and Description you will only see Totals (see the attached screenshot to see an example)

If you want to see a logbook view with all these details your have to play a little bit more:

- Go to View / Logbook-view (selection)
- Select Logbook with Award fields, DXCC, Zones and My QTH.spq from the Logbooks folder
- Filter by the year, band, mode your prefer and filter if only confirmed QSO must be displayed (filter by QSL received, Lotw received, etc).
- Once you have all QSOs filtered with your requeriments now you need to select the FIRST QTH locator to know the total.
- Left click in any content of the QTH Locator field and press the "Select first/last QSO of a group" (in the toolbar above is the last button with a hand on it).
- The "Select group fields" dialog will be displayed. If you have do it right in the "Group fields" column you will have already QTH locator. Otherwise Cancel, click again in any content of the QTH locator field and press this  button again. Make saure "First" is checked (default option) and press OK
- You will see all your filtered QSOs there. In the right part below you will see the Nr of Records.

Please read the Logbook view chapter. There are a lot of powerful functions than needs some "play around" and learning. Even you can apply these filters in the Power Query generator. But this requires more advanced knowledge and read the Shazam Power Query help.You can do lots of things but requires to play a little bit. If you know how Access queries works it will be very easy to you to understand everything.

Best 73

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-12-2017, 06:55 PM,
RE: Counting Grid-Square ?
(27-12-2017, 04:19 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Pietro:

Perform the following steps:

- View / Statistics
- Select GRIDSQUARE in the Statistics tab
- Select a preconfigured Report or create a new one with your preferred modes/bands
- In Display Options make sure TOTAL is checked (to see Totals). If you uncheck Detail and Description you will only see Totals (see the attached screenshot to see an example)

If you want to see a logbook view with all these details your have to play a little bit more:

- Go to View / Logbook-view (selection)
- Select Logbook with Award fields, DXCC, Zones and My QTH.spq from the Logbooks folder
- Filter by the year, band, mode your prefer and filter if only confirmed QSO must be displayed (filter by QSL received, Lotw received, etc).
- Once you have all QSOs filtered with your requeriments now you need to select the FIRST QTH locator to know the total.
- Left click in any content of the QTH Locator field and press the "Select first/last QSO of a group" (in the toolbar above is the last button with a hand on it).
- The "Select group fields" dialog will be displayed. If you have do it right in the "Group fields" column you will have already QTH locator. Otherwise Cancel, click again in any content of the QTH locator field and press this  button again. Make saure "First" is checked (default option) and press OK
- You will see all your filtered QSOs there. In the right part below you will see the Nr of Records.

Please read the Logbook view chapter. There are a lot of powerful functions than needs some "play around" and learning. Even you can apply these filters in the Power Query generator. But this requires more advanced knowledge and read the Shazam Power Query help.You can do lots of things but requires to play a little bit. If you know how Access queries works it will be very easy to you to understand everything.

Best 73

Hi Jordi !!

Woowww !! I never discovered all this functions for statistic ! Fantastic... it's only require a bit of experimenting and tweacking, but it's a very nice starting point !! 
Thank you very much for support / developping this piece of software !

BR, Pietro
28-12-2017, 07:49 PM,
Hi Jordi ...

Sorry I tested the Statistic > Report  for the worked grid ( I create a new report for 30m FT8 & DATA mode).
It show me correctly all the worked grids, all as WORKED but NO ONE as CONFIRMED ! As usual some of them (if not all) are confirmed via LOTW but not showed as confirmed.
If I set manually a QSO as confirmed ( standard QSL), then recalling the same statistic again, one QSO & GRID show up as CONFIRMED.

So, recap, only grid squares confirmed with standard QSL are show as confirmed ... !

Do I miss something ?

Thank you ! Pietro
29-12-2017, 08:36 AM,
Opssssssss Jordi ! I found the answer in another thread (request for new functions) ... actually GridSquare are indicated as "confirmed" only for "paper QSL".
I understand also why .. but it's a bit disappointing ... Might be that in future release to have another column with Lotw or eQsl confirmation too ?

Ciao, Pietro
01-01-2018, 04:42 PM,
(29-12-2017, 08:36 AM)hb9rxc Wrote: Opssssssss Jordi ! I found the answer in another thread (request for new functions) ... actually GridSquare are indicated as "confirmed" only for "paper QSL".
I understand also why .. but it's a bit disappointing ... Might be that in future release to have another column with Lotw or eQsl confirmation too ?

Ciao, Pietro

Are you sure, maybe I misunderstand what you want? Add in the field LoTW_Received and amend the query so that a requirement is that it is set to 1 and you have Grids confirmed by QSL or LoTW. Follow the instructions that Jordi alluded to and then the limit of what you can derive from your logbook is only by your imagination.