Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing
03-01-2020, 07:57 PM,
RE: Printing
This is weird..... I find new posts in this thread as I have the same problem and wanted to write a new post .

I'm in the process of getting back to Swisslog (see my post in the "everything else" forum). I have most things working again and have been trying to print labels with the "old" (SL v5.2 ) reports. I have the same problem as others have in this thread and since the error message has no info on what goes wrong (Printing error, the printer couldn't print) I'm stuck. I found the workaround of printing to FoxIt PDF and then printing the resulting pdf file but that's not how it should work. Also, like with others, printing from other software works as expected.

Win10 Pro, SWL as administrator and HP Envy Photo 7830 Printer (wired network).
73 de Maurice ON4BAM
Blog
03-01-2020, 08:45 PM,
Thanks for the reply Jordi,

Not sure what else I can tell you.

I have set to run as Administrator.

As ON4BAM says the only info you get indicating a problem  is (Printing error, the printer couldn't print).

Can I assume that Arne is still having the same problem?

Thanks for helping. Will try and give you some more details

Ian G4GIR
04-01-2020, 07:53 PM,
Hi all,

I have just tested again in 2 different computers with my WIFI printer Epson SX-515 and I could print perfectly! I tested before with version 5.99d and now with newest 5.99f.

I guess it could be something related to the antivirus and firewall. Probably is blocking the print query of Swisslog. I suggest you to add an exception to Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall (both!). I have it this way in all my computers without any problems.

I opened a thread specifically for this long time ago. Please read it!:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=252

Some antivirus and firewalls block the normal functioning of Swisslog with unexpected results and I guess is the source of this problem.

Let me know the results.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-01-2020, 10:53 PM,
Hi Jordi

Thanks for the replyi.

I have installed the latest version and still no Print.

I have another laptop and installed Swisslog on that, when printing on that laptop all was ok!!!

I looked at the printers selected on both lap tops and there was a subtle difference between them, albeit they were both Epson Printers with the same device number.

On the laptop that didn't print the WHERE was showing a WSD Port, 
On the laptop that did print the WHERE was showing the Epson Printer device number.

Looking at the printer properties for the laptop that didn't print I saw there were two PORTS showing as Epson ports
One port was an Epson Net Print Port and the selected one was a WSD port so I selected the the Net Print Port and Swiss log printed fine.

So to recap whist Swisslog was running I went to Printers and Scanners - Selected the Epson Printer -  MANAGE - Printer Properties - Ports - and selected Epson Net Print Port.

Hope this all makes sense.

Ian G4GIR
05-01-2020, 01:55 PM,
Hello Ian,

Thank you very much for this info!! I hope this will help other users as well!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog