Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC-7300 Swisslog/JTDX - Omnirig help
31-03-2020, 08:47 PM,
IC-7300 Swisslog/JTDX - Omnirig help
Hi, I am a new user to Swisslog.  I have installed & setup OmniRig as I have started to experiment with FT8 and wanted to enable automatic logging...  

Firstly all programs independently are working with the IC-7300 using the USB / CAT control (not the CI-V interface).  I installed OmniRig which is working fine with Swisslog but whenever I start any other program and set the respective interface to OmniRig I get the error "Failed to start OmniRig COM server".. 

- Dell Optiplex 3050
- Win 10 Pro 64 bit with all updates applied
- Swisslog v5.99f
- OmniRig - v2.1.0.0
- JTDX - v2.1.0 RC148
- WSJT latest

I have added firewall rules for each of the above programs as in various forums I have seen this mentioned.
None of the programs are currently running as Administrator though I have tried this & with them all running as Administrator with no change...

Any clues appreciated..

Thanks
Clive
31-03-2020, 09:30 PM,
RE: IC-7300 Swisslog/JTDX - Omnirig help
Hi Clive,

OmniRig v2. 1 is only supported by Swisslog. WSJT, JTDX supports Omnirig v1 that's the reason you get this error message. Simply install and Setup OmniRig v1 as you did with OmniRig v2 and it will work perfectly with Swisslog and all other programs, supporting OmniRig. OmniRig v1 and OmnIrig v2 can be instal·les and run in paral·lel but they can't share the same COM ports, unless you use a virtual COM port (like VSPE). Make things simple and replace OmnIrig v2 by OmniRig v1 for most compatibilty.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-04-2020, 10:01 AM,
(31-03-2020, 09:30 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Clive,

OmniRig v2. 1 is only supported by Swisslog. WSJT, JTDX supports Omnirig v1 that's the reason you get this error message. Simply install and Setup OmniRig v1 as you did with OmniRig v2 and it will work perfectly with Swisslog and all other programs, supporting OmniRig. OmniRig v1 and OmnIrig v2 can be instal·les and run in paral·lel but they can't share the same COM ports, unless you use a virtual COM port (like VSPE). Make things simple and replace OmnIrig v2 by OmniRig v1 for most compatibilty.

Best 73
well I failed to read that somewhere!

Thanks.

Clive
18-05-2020, 09:02 PM,
Hi, I am also struggeling.
Have an FT-991A on Rig1 with Omnirig 1.19. Alsways connected with WSPR-X (has also to be OmniRig-V1.19).
Since two weeks a IC-7300. Had configure for Rig2 with Omnirig V1.19. But Swisslog is not working, hanging etc.
After this installed Omnirig V2.1 in addition. FT-991A on Rig1 with OmniRigV1.19, IC-7300 on Rig2 with OmniRigV2.1.
Swisslog is only working, if WSPR-X is not active. Than I can handle the IC-7300 with Swisslog.
If WSPR-X is startet, OmniRigV1.19 is always active. When I start than Swisslog and activate the Setup for OmniRig (by activated V2) the Popup of OmniRigV1.19 comes up.
Quite strage. Think there is still a compatibility issue with OmniRig....

Question for Swisslog (V5.99g):
- Could it be, that for Omnirig V1.19 is an issue that those is not working correctly (by inactivated V2-Flag).
- Currently I have deactivated OmniRig for the IC-7300. Swisslog is going directly on the COM-Port. Here the polling seems not to work. After Startup of Swisslog, or change of Tranceiver-Settings the current frequency/mod is red out. But not continiously. Have changed the parameter of "Zeit zwischen TX-Abfragen in 1/10 Sekunden". But also no change. ==> Could it be, that polling is not active?

73 dk4rh Roland
19-05-2020, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-05-2020, 12:50 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Roland,

Omnirig v2 is only supported by Swisslog. The OmniRig option in WSJT-X is only for OmniRig v1. You don't need to use Omnirig v2 if you want to use Swisslog and WSJT at once. Do the following:

- Uninstall Omnirig v2 or set to NONE all Rigs in Omnirig v2 to make sure Omnirig v2 is not using any COM port.
- Configure your IC-7300 in OmniRig v1.19 as Rig2 but set the DTR and RTS lines LOW. Start bits 8 and Stop bits 1.
- Make sure Swisslog, WSJT-X and OmniRig are executed with the same priviliges. That is: all of them WITHOUT administrators rights or ALL of them WITH administrator rights. The key is that all programs must be at the same level of privileges otherwise it won't work.

Add exceptions to OmniRig, WSJT-X and Swisslog in your antivirus and firewall. This will ensure they are not blocking the communication between these programs.

Summing up: only use Omnirig v.1.19 and setup both RIGS on it. In Swisslog you can switch from one rig to another easily by clicking the rig number in the transceveir control toolbar. In WSJT-X you have to go to Setup / Radio then select Omnirig Rig 1 or Omnirig Rig2 when needed. but this setup is the best because you can use both transceivers at once without any conflict.

If you have any issues contact me via whatsapp to +34 656409020 to arrange a remote session via Teamviewer but it must work if you follow the above instructions.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-05-2020, 07:53 PM,
(19-05-2020, 12:49 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Jordi,

thank you - is running now with Omnirig V1.19!

Details
>> - Uninstall Omnirig v2 or set to NONE all Rigs in Omnirig v2 to make sure Omnirig v2 is not using any COM port.
I had already uninstalled OmniRig V2. Of course the confusing situation...

>> - Configure your IC-7300 in OmniRig v1.19 as Rig2 but set the DTR and RTS lines LOW. Start bits 8 and Stop bits 1.
Oha, new for me. Have changed it. Special DTR+RTS to LOW.

>> - Make sure Swisslog, WSJT-X and OmniRig are executed with the same priviliges. That is: all of them WITHOUT administrators rights or ALL of them WITH administrator rights. The key is that all programs must be at the same level of privileges otherwise it won't work.
Also new for me. Somewhere I red Swisslog has to run with administrator rights. In my opinion it is better as less application to run with higher rights. Now SwissLog is running with normal user rights (like wsjt-x)

Thank you,
very 73 - Roland
20-05-2020, 09:18 AM,
Hello Roland,

Yes you are right that the first screen of the Swisslog installer in versions prior to 5.99g prompted user to run as administrator. But I found out that this was only necessary to do under some special conditions (I changed the Installation/Upgrade procedure accordingly in the Swisslog help). So now the installer doesn't requires this.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV