Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Field "special Mode" in the main window
06-08-2020, 10:12 AM,
Field "special Mode" in the main window
Hello Jordi and all

Unfortunately I have a new problem with version 5.100b.
It is about activating the field special modes.

When starting SwissLog, the field can still be activated, but it does not write the special mode, e.g. MS, to the log.

After entering a first QSO, the field can no longer be activated. It only pops up briefly and then disappears again.

Maybe I do something wrong?

73, Reiner
06-08-2020, 11:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 11:33 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Field "special Mode" in the main window
Hello Reiner,

Since version 5.100 I implemented this (excerpt of news in the release notes):

NEW: Enhancements for satellite operations:
  • QSO entry: added a button to activate / deactivate panel for propagation mode and satellite name. You can activate / deactivate this button also with Ctrl+Alt+S. These fields are specific for 10m and V/U/SHF bands. In order to avoid setting a propagation mode or satellite name when working on bands lower than 10m, If transceiver control is started and this panel is activated, Swisslog will deactivate it automatically if one of the following conditions meets:
  1. if propagation mode is SAT and you change bands other than 10m, 2m, 70cm,13cm or 23cm (satellite bands used for uplink).
  2. if band is lower than 10m
So, if it disappears is because you are using CAT control and transceiver is tuned in a band lower than 10m and Swisslog automatically hides it to avoid setting a propagation mode in a band which doesn't correspond (maybe I'm wrong but Meteor Scatter is not used below 28 Mhz, correct me if I'm wrong). 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
06-08-2020, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 02:51 PM by DF1JC.)
Thanks Jordi

So, if it disappears is because you are using CAT control and transceiver is tuned in a band lower than 10m and Swisslog automatically hides it to avoid setting a propagation mode in a band which doesn't correspond (maybe I'm wrong but Meteor Scatter is not used below 28 Mhz, correct me if I'm wrong).

So far, so good. But I only use SwissLog on one computer for 2m. The cat control for the TRX is not switched on. I control the TRX and Log with WSJT-X

It is unfortunately so that the field cannot be activated if a QSO on 2m was already entered.

Now I have tried further and found out that it only happens in connection with WSJT-X. As soon as I log a QSO over WSJT-X, the Field can't be activated anymore. Although 2m is also enabled in WSJT-x. So something seems to be wrong with the WSJT-x and Swiss connection. Maybe an error in WSJT

73 Reiner

Edit at 12:10

Edit:

In version 5.99g which I have on the other computer, everything works ok.
06-08-2020, 03:38 PM,
Hello Reiner,

I have uploaded a Beta where with no CAT connection you can enable/disable Prop mode/sat fields with no problems. Please give it a try and let me know, I'm about to release tomorrow version 5.100c and I want to make sure this is solved. Download and replace the executable file by this one:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

By the way, if you use CAT in WSJT-X, I suggest you to also use it in Swisslog. You can use OmniRig to control your transceiver and OmniRig is supported by WSJT-X and Swisslog and you can share CAT control in both programs.

Please let me know today if it works, thank you!!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
06-08-2020, 05:53 PM,
Ok Jordi

It works as before with the 5.99. The special mode is now back in correct function. Thank you very much!

And Omnirig i will check it in the next days.

Best 73, Reiner
06-08-2020, 06:13 PM,
Hi Reiner,

Perfect! Remember that if enabling CAT the prop mode / sat fields will be automatically hidden when radio is below 28 Mhz. Even if user press the button to enable prop mode it won't be enabled, unless you are editing a QSO. This is very useful because user doesn't need to be aware to disable these fields when working below 28 MHz.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
06-08-2020, 06:16 PM,
Big Grin

Thanks Jordi