Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: Oregon wrong in Map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

just found that Oregon is positioned in southern California.
Had to correct LON and LAT and now it is correct.

73, Rainer
Hi Rainer,

Could you please be more specific? Where is incorrect? please give me details in order to fix this possible issue because I'm not able to reproduce this issue. World map shows Oregon state properly.

Best 73
(22-07-2022, 12:54 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rainer,

Could you please be more specific? Where is incorrect? please give me details in order to fix this possible issue because I'm not able to reproduce this issue. World map shows Oregon state properly.

Best 73

Sorry - when I enter a W7-Call and select 'W7 Oregon' for the State Lon -107,5 and LAT 43,00 (Wyoming). Yesterday it was a location in southern California.
Correct is abt. 123 W 45 N
73, Rainer
Hi Rainer,

Yes you are right. I have seen that most US locations defined in the country table are not accurated or wrong. I will tell Erik to fix this.

For your info, if you read from a Callbook database which can read the QTH locator defined by the user (i.e.: if you are a QRZ XML registered user) and you have set properly to copy the Geographical coordinates in the Field copy instruction tab in the Callbook options, the location will be shown properly on the QSO and on map.

Best 73
I think Rainer is entering a callsign into the Add QSOs window. If there is no prior data in the log, and details are not being fetched online, the lat/long is for an arbitrary State from the drop down list. Selecting a State will not always change the lat/long. It is for the user to enter the correct information manually or use the Country Table which has the correct information.
(28-07-2022, 09:44 AM)EI4KF Wrote: [ -> ]I think Rainer is entering a callsign into the Add QSOs window. If there is no prior data in the log, and details are not being fetched online, the lat/long is for an arbitrary State from the drop down list. Selecting a State will not always change the lat/long. It is for the user to enter the correct information manually or use the Country Table which has the correct information.

I'm entering a contact in the "Add QSO Window" and set the State (here Oregon). Result is that here "Utah" is displayed.
When I enter "Washington" then "Montana" is displayed.
Rhode Island -> Maine a.s.o.
The information in the Region/State field is ignored.
"use the Country Table" ??? got an update today but it does not change anything
Hi Reiner,

After investigating deeply, country table is correct. Latitude and longitude defined for US States are State centered, not to the city appearing beside the state. This city is the State Capital (only for user info). I have found a thing that could cause this. Sorting Region field seems to cause this bug but I haven't tested deeply. I have uploaded a new Beta. Please try it and let me know.  

Best 73
(29-07-2022, 01:58 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Reiner,

After investigating deeply, country table is correct. Latitude and longitude defined for US States are State centered, not to the city appearing beside the state. This city is the State Capital (only for user info). I have found a thing that could cause this. Sorting Region field seems to cause this bug but I haven't tested deeply. I have uploaded a new Beta. Please try it and let me know.  

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

just tested the beta and it seems to solve the problem !

tnx, Rainer