Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: Wrong Oblast and RDA designation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning. In the process of registering qsl cards for the JW5E callsign, I have just worked through a bunch of UA3's. I use the list of RDAs found here: http://rdaward.org/rda_eng.txt

In Swisslog, Yaroslavskaya oblast  (YR)  UA3M, has been given the designation JA instead of YR, and I therefore assume that the corresponding RDA's must then be designated JA-nn instead of YR-nn.

I am considering using the SQL-script "Fix RDA", but this discrepancy makes me hesitate. Looking ay the script, I find that it uses YR-nn. I therefore changed all the oblast designations from JA to YR (This is easy to reverse). Somehow I believe that this will wreak havoc on the Oblast statistic.

So how to proceed?

Tom JW6VDA
Hello,

Current RDA list included in Swisslog only needed some formatting and adding a couple of missing references but it's updated. I will release a new statistic table later implemeting these small changes. I don't know where you have taken that references from Yaroslavskaya oblast have been given the designation JA instead of YR. Current list since 01/01/2020 reflects these references as YR-xxx. So you don't need to change anything but assign the RDA reference according to the current list. Don't confuse OBLAST and RDA. These are different awards! If double clicking on the RDA field you see any JA-nnn references, you are using a wrong statistic database. In such case go to Tools / For Experts only / Statistic DB then select the file SWLSTAT.MDB located in the C:\Swisslog folder. Close Swisslog, open it again then force an update of the statistic database from the option in the Tools menu. Update even if Swislsog prompts you that you are using latest version.

Regarding the Fix RDA script, this script was need to be executed when RDA changed the list on 2010. Now it's obsolete so I will delete it in the next installer.

Best 73
(11-02-2023, 05:28 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Current RDA list included in Swisslog only needed some formatting and adding a couple of missing references but it's updated. I will release a new statistic table later implemeting these small changes. I don't know where you have taken that references from Yaroslavskaya oblast have been given the designation JA instead of YR. Current list since 01/01/2020 reflects these references as YR-xxx. So you don't need to change anything but assign the RDA reference according to the current list. Don't confuse OBLAST and RDA. These are different awards! If double clicking on the RDA field you see any JA-nnn references, you are using a wrong statistic database. In such case go to Tools / For Experts only / Statistic DB then select the file SWLSTAT.MDB located in the C:\Swisslog folder. Close Swisslog, open it again then force an update of the statistic database from the option in the Tools menu. Update even if Swislsog prompts you that you are using latest version.

Regarding the Fix RDA script, this script was need to be executed when RDA changed the list on 2010. Now it's obsolete so I will delete it in the next installer.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,  and thanks for your quick response-  I am well aware of the difference between Oblasts and RDAs. I will follow the instructions about the statistcs database.

Regarding your question where the JA Oblast designation For Yaroslavsk (Jaroslavsk) came from, it came from Swisslog. See the screenshots from the Add QSO window, QEH tab, and from the Statistic overview window. This is my reason for asking my question in the first place. Double clicking in the Sub Reg (RDA) field gives the error message shown in the last screenshot.

Apparently something is missing in my installation of Swisslog.

[attachment=494]
[attachment=493]
[attachment=495]
Addendum to my first reply: Updating the Statistics database helped. I now find the RDAs by double clicking in the RDA field.

But Swisslog still says JA, Jaroslavsk in the region in the Statistic overview window and the dropdown menu in the add qso (QTH tab) window.

73 de Tom
Addendum to my first reply: Updating the Statistics database helped. I now find the RDAs by double clicking in the RDA field, but only works for one card. The next one, it is back to the error message shown earlier. This is the same for ALL Russian contacts.
Hello Tom,

The wrong info in the region dropdown list comes from the country table and it's outdated. I will work on it to fix Russian Regions according the current Oblast allocations.

I'm unabled to reproduce this issue here. Double clicking on the RDA field I always get the INF_RDA table. I guess there is something wrong in your setup. Make sure you have the RDA statistic enabled in Options / Active statistic.

If you still have issues contact me via whatsapp to arrange a Teamviewer session.

Best 73
Good morning.
Definitely something wrong.

I searched my hard drive for a file named RDA_INF.*, and found nothing.

I updated the Statistic database (again), and even so, double click produces the error shown in the attached screenshot.

RDA Statistics is (and has always been) enabled.

If it is a matter of a missing file, can you just make that available to me?

73 de Tom

[attachment=496]
Problem solved.

It was a matter of activating RDA in both Options -> Active Statistics and in the Staistic overview Window. So I'm learning new things about Swisslog almost every day.

Thanks for your patience, Jordi.

73 de Tom JW6VDA
Looking forward to the updated country list. There are several incorrect Oblast designations. While waiting, I put in the corrrect designations manually. Latest example I came across was ua9y which should map to Altaysky Kray. Swisslog did not find it.

Regards Tom
Hi Tom,

A new country table will be released later with all corrections. As I told you, Russian Regions were very outdated with lots of name changes and also prefix allocations changes. It's been a bit tricky to upgrade. Stay tuned!

Best 73
Pages: 1 2