Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: TS-590S and SWL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did some more testing en connected the rig via the RS-232 port (not USB), but this gave the same result. on startup the frequency seems to get synced once, after that Swisslog is not tracking the frequency anymore, however i can set the  mode and frequency using the dx-cluster and right click and select "tune transceiver" , but the QRG field in Swislog is not tracking the frequency change. sometimes only the mode is changed not the frequency on the rig. and sometimes it is not working at all.
Hi,

As explained some message above, I found the error with TS-590 and TS-990 in the code. This will be officially corrected in version 5.91 which I will be releasing in a few weeks which also corrects some important bugs and implements interesting new functions.

Meanwhile I have prepared a replacement correcting the TS-590/990 problem:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/SwisslV5.zip

Download this file and replace the SWISSLV5.EXE file in the Swisslog folder. If you are using Windows Vista or higher and you didn't installed Swisslog as clearly explained in the first screen of the installer (that is: disabling UAC, restart and installing Swisslog as administrator by right clicking the setup file and by selecting Run as administrator) you have to uninstall and install again following these instructions strictly!. Otherwise Swisslog will not work properly and also when you replaced the EXE file in the Swisslog folder, really the new EXE it's not used! When UAC is not disabled and programs are not installed as administrator, Windows is not working with programs located in Program Files! windows works with a copy made in the virtual store (another system subfolder) causing a big bundle! That's the reason that when you replaced the fixed EXE really you are still executing the original file which is located in the Virtual Store not in Program Files. disabling UAC and forcing to install as administrator also applies to ALL Windows programs, specially ham radio software. Otherwise you will get unexpected results!

Please check all this and uninstall/install Swisslog again if you didn't follow these instructions. Afterwards replace the EXE with the fix.

Read carefully all messages of this post because ZS6BRZ got similar problems and the source was the same I'm explaining to you now. When he installed Swisslog correctly and applied the fix everything is working fine with his TS-590

Best 73
Oke i tried again, first i uninstalled Swisslog , then i manually deleted the folder in the "program files (x86)" folder.
I  checked "user account control" to "never notify" in Windows7 64bit.  (was already disabled)
Then i downloaded the latest version of Swisslog again and installed it as administrator.
I downloaded the patched version and manually copied it to the swisslog folder, replacing the original "SwisslV5.exe".  
Then i started SwisslV5.exe as administrator from the installed folder.
But there is no improvment. CAT control is not working with the TS590SG

ps. When i use my Yaesu FT897d everything is working OK.  Swisslog is tracking the frequency and mode correctly
Hi,

Curious... I will check the differences between TS-590S and TS-590SG and I will let you know

Best 73
Hi,

I have found the bug! The transceiver ID of TS-590SG is different than the TS-590S! and both need special polling different than other Kenwood models (the same as TS-990S). I have uploaded a new fix:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/SwisslV5.zip

Please replace it and let me know but it should work now. To make sure you are using this fix I have changed the version number to 5.9da.

Best 73
Yes, this seems to be working oke now, thanks very much,  i keep on testing.
Pages: 1 2