Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: Turning Antenna...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear colleagues

I would like to talk about a strange behaviour with the "Turn Antenna" Command. Blush

No matter if I make Ctrl +F2 or if I click in icon, rotator only reacts after 2 clicks. It also not work if I make one click and wait some seconds... no action, I need to click twice, same behavior for LP!

Could you please comment? 
Perhaps is something wrong here, and I would to like fix it, your help would be very appreciated. Smile

Conditions: SwissLog 5.97K + PstRotator + Windows 10 Prof

Best regards.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
Hello Manuel,

I use here PSTROTATOR (in Demo Rotor mode to emulate a rotor) and here is working perfectly, only one click and turn! Keep in mind that if you have selected Pstrotator as rotor control in Swisslog, the communications from Swisslog to Pstrotator work the same regardless the rotor setup in Pstrotator. Test using the Azimuth indicator window where you can click directly over the indicator. It should work with a single click. Also make sure you have defined an exception to Swisslog and Pstrotator in your firewall and antivirus. Communication is made using UDP connections. Some antivirus/firewall are very sensitive and may block or interfere this communication.

Best 73
Hello Jordi,

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
Later I will be at home and then, I will check all you suggest about antivírus, because I have selected Pstrotator as rotor control in Swisslog, so the problem must be in the antivírus.
Not a problem to click twice, the important is: it works! Smile

Best 73
Manuel Fernando ct1bxx
Hello Dear Jordi!

Thanks !

Problem solved, thanks to your ideas, Idea 

I checked Kaspersky and make Swisslog and PSTRotator "Trust" application , now only one click and the antenna turns.

As usual your help was the solution.

Again thanks very much. Smile 

Best 73 Manuel Fernando, CT1BXX
Perfect! Antivirus are an enemy for fully featured ham radio software. We handle TCP, UDP incoming and outgoing connections and antivirus block everything. Adding exceptions to all your Ham Radio applications in your firewall/antivirus is the best solution to get rid of strange issues.

Best 73