Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: DX-Message Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I absolutely love this program and appreciate the hard work put into it by the Op.
I hesitated to post as it’s probably my error but here goes...

I have done everything I know under the sun to do but I can’t get DX-Messages to populate.

The Telnet Control Window is connected to EA1DX-5. 
The QSO window is open.
My UTC time diff is set correctly in my QTH

In the DX-Messages window I have clicked the connect button and the “Connect To Telnet Window” 
pop-up is displayed. I placed 185.73.168.155. :23 (the numbers in brackets next to “Connected” in the title window) and clicked OK but it will not populate the DX-Message Window or the Band Map window.
There is a space between the 55. and the :23 I tried with and without the space in between. 
To no avail. 

I have tried other clusters with same results. 

The Server window marked EA1DX-5 is active and showing DX Spots in a timely manner. 
The World Map shows the DX Spots correctly. 

———————
Also my QSO start clock is 6 hours fast but my local time in the QSO window is correct.
And my Map shows night time on wrong side of the world.

I have work every possible combination I know for two days.

Can anyone give me some ideas please?

Lyn
W4FZT
Hello Lyn,

First of all thank you for using Swisslog!

Are you using latest version 5.98? The "Connect" button from the DX message window was deleted due many performance problems. Please upgrade to latest 5.98! This version implements full eQSL synchronization as well as many other interesting news and corrections. If you have a previous version, before upgrading to the latest 5.98, delete the TELNETSERVERS.BIN file (located in the Swisslog folder) to ensure you will use the latest one.

Please read the "Quick Start and Setup" here: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...isslog.htm. You will see a special section below called "Setup a DX Cluster Telnet server connection to receive DX spots". It's very simple and you will leave Swisslog configured to automatically connect to the preferred Telnet server.

It's very important that you set your time difference to UTC correctly in all your My QTH. Remember that time difference must be positive numbers!

If you still have issues, please contact me directly to my e-mail support@swisslogforwindows.com or if you use Whatsapp/Telegram send me a message to my phone +34656409020 to arrange a Teamviewer session and check online what may happen.

Best 73