Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: SWISSLOG & WSJT-X & WSJT-X - JTAlertX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SV2DGH

Hi Jordi,

I'm running SWISSLOG 5.99b with WSJT-X v2.1.0. Both programs run fine and each qso of ft8 is added automatically to swisslog log, and all details of the qso are updated correctly to the swisslog database.

I also run wsjt-x v2.1.0 and  JTAlertX v2.13.10. Both programs run fine too, communicate with each other and each callsing  alert is added to wsjt-x to be qso.

Now I try to run simultaneously swisslog 5.99b, wsjt-x v2.1.0 and  JTAlertX v2.13.10.  Unfortunately JTAlert doesn’t show any alert,  but instead it pops up a fault message about  udp port and ip address being invalid and unable to communicate with each other.

My question is as follows : since swisslog is working with wsjt-x,   wsjt-x is working with jtalert,  then maybe the problem is the function and utilization  of the 3 programs swisslog,  wsjt-x & jtalert at the same time ?   
Do you have any idea how it can be solved ?

Thanks in advance
Chris SV2DGH
Hi Chris,

The set up for WSJT-X / JTDX and JT Alert is explained in the Digital Modes Interfaces > WSJT-X / JTDx Operation in the Swisslog help:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...t.htm#WSJT

There is a very highlighted note for JT Alert users. When using JT Alert, you have to do the following:

- In JTALERT go to Settings > Manage Settings > Applications > WSJT-X then check the Rebroadcast WSJT-X UDP Packets (received only) option with the default option through port 2334 (this is ok in your configuration, according your attached screenshots). Uncheck the Enable transmission of last QSO in Last QSO API through port 2333 unless you really need it for other application.
- However, I guess you have not set this port in Swisslog. So go to Options | Digital Modes-Interface | WSJT-X / JTDX | UDP Settings and set the same settings defined in JT Alert (127.0.0.1 and port 2334).

Now WSJT-X and JT Alert will communicate each other through port 2337 (the default port) and JT Alert will rebroadcast UDP packets to Swisslog through port 2334, so 3 programs will be working together without any conflicts.

Best 73

SV2DGH

Dear Jordi
I have just followed your instructions and indeed, the 3 programs are working together perfectly now.
Thank you very much for your quick and kind response, as well as your presice instructions.
Al the best, 73
Chris SV2DGH
[attachment=319][attachment=320]hello

I was trying to have thi working for me with no luck

Swisslog and JTDX works fine, Swisslog and JTAlert works fine, but couldn´t have Swisslog / JTDX and JTAlert working togheter

I atached what I have in JTAlert and Swisslog, what are I doing wrong?

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W
(03-06-2020, 12:52 AM)CX6VM Wrote: [ -> ]hello

Swisslog and JTDX works fine, Swisslog and JTAlert works fine, but couldn´t have Swisslog / JTDX and JTAlert working togheter

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

Hello Jorge....

I had the same problem over here but it works ok now like this:

- Config JTDX:
  - 2nd UDP server 127.0.0.1:2237 (enable sending to secondary UDP server)
  - UDP server 127.0.0.1:2238
-Config JTalert:
  - Logging/UDP transmission = DO NOT ENABLE
  - Applications/WSJT-X/JTDX = Enable Resend WSJT-X UDP packets (received only)
-Config Swisslog:
  - Options/Digital Modes Interface/WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8call UDP setting = (main) active 127.0.0.1:2237 and do not Auto start Program location: jtdx.exe file

START JTALERT first, then JTDX en than Swisslog otherwise it won't work....

Good luck!

73's Marc

PS Thanks for the new one on 160m Smile
(03-06-2020, 12:52 AM)CX6VM Wrote: [ -> ]hello

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

Jorge,

Sorry but now I see this message!!! the problem in your setup is that you have to use port 2334 as MAIN INSTANCE and delete the ONLY QSO Request. You only have to receive from UDP port 2334 which is the JT Alert broadcasting port. port 2237 is used by JT Alert to recevie datas from JTDX. This is the data flow:

JTDX < port 2237> JT Alert >> port 2334 >> Swisslog

JTDX and JT Alert have bidirectional communication (JT Alert can send commands to JTDX). However this setup avoid Swisslog orders to JTDX. So if you use WSJT-X Band Maps you won't be able to double click on displayed message to enable TX on JTDX because Swisslog can only receive data from JT Alert.

Best 73