Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: IC7610 CAT not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I get the CAT connected but the frequency is not changing with it. When I click on the start button the frequency will change, but not while I'm tuning (dialing on the VFO).

These are my setting:

- Tranceiver ICOM
- Start automaticly is ON
- Show TX status on toolbar is ON
- ICOM TX address is 98 (CIV)
- Scan for TX Adress is ON
- Time between.... 1/10 sec: 1

COMMUNICATION PORT

- COM 4
- Baud rate: 19200
- Parity: None
-Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 2

The rest is not clicked upon

- Trace is ON

HAS ANYONE GOT HIS IC7610 CONNECTED TO SWISSLOG?? AND IS WORKING??

Connection in N1MM works fine...

[attachment=291]
[attachment=292]
Hello,

Uncheck the "Scan TX Address" option because you are already setting the Hex address. This option is useful if you don't know the Hex address. ICOM uses 1 Stop bits not 2. Trace option is only to see the COM port communication for debugging purposes. I recommend to uncheck it.

If you use WSJT-X, JTDX, FLDIGI or any other external digital modes program linked with Swisslog, I recommend to use OmniRig or VSPE to share CAT among all these applications. Please read this link:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...rt.htm#CAT

You will also find it in the Swislsog help: Digital Modes Interfaces > Setup > Important about transceiver control.

Best 73
Hi Jordi!

Thanks for your quick reply! I tried the option you refered to but it didn't work. What did work for me is OMNIRIG. I installed this small program and it worked for me. I use the Microkeyer II, so I can use 2 com ports to communicate with Swisslog and JTDX at the same time. So for ICOM users is this the option I guess.

Best 73

Marc
Hi Marc,

Yes, OmniRig is one of the best options nowadays where sharing CAT is a must between several applications. You can achieve it to make it working /(I have a IC-756Pro3) with VSPE but OmniRig is easiest to set up.

Best 73