Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: Can't add new qso manually latest version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sure having a hard time. For some reason auto add qso's work fine but when I try to manually add one it will not let me. I put in callsign and when I try to change rst and mode it puts it right back to default.. What am I missing has to be something simple.
Is Swisslog linked to WSJT-X? When program is linked to WSJT-X, if you need to manually enter QSOs you will have to "unlink" Swisslog from WSJT-X by pressing the UDP button (it will become RED). This is explained in the "WSJT-X / JTDX / MSHV / JS8Call UDP Settings" chapter:

"It's important to know that WSJT-X / JTDX sends status messages very often when various internal state changes. These messages allow Swisslog to synchronise the content of the DX Call field and current mode of operation. This is perfect when you want to work with WSJT-X or JTDX. However, if you want to manually enter callsigns in Swisslog or work other modes with MixW, FLDIGI, etc. (linked with Swisslog) while WSJT-X / JTDX is running and the UDP link is enabled, you have to disable the link by pressing the UDP button. Otherwise you will go crazy because Swisslog will always follow the callsign/mode set in WSJT-X / JTDX ignoring other inputs."

Best 73
Thank you.
I have been doing a little investigation and found out the only way I can enter a qso manually is if I turn the option (realtime qso entry) OFF.   If I leave it enabled with no other programs running it still will not let me add a new qso manually.
Hi,

Yes, this works this way. You have to disable Realtime entry to enter QSO manually. This is explained in the Quick Start and Setup guide. In the Swislsog help go to READ THIS FIRST > Getting started with Swisslog.

I know nobody wants to read but believe me, you will learn much more reading than playing around with no sense.

Best 73
I know what you mean reading as a last resort not a good idea. Thanks for all your help