Swisslog's Forum

Full Version: Two Flex Radio's local and remote control.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jordi, my local Flex radio works great setup as transceiver 1. My question is.. is it possible to setup transceiver 2 to a remote Flex radio with different ip address?
Hello,

In order to use your Flex Radio remotely you have to select the FLex CAT TCP option. Current Swisslog version only supports one transceiver except if you use OmniRig. But I have great new for you: new version 5.102 will implement support up to 4 transceiver and 4 rotators. You don't have to wait until the official release of version 5.102. There is a beta version available containing all news and corrections and it's very stable (I use it every day with no issues). Please read this thread:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...php?fid=27

Read the Beta versions info thread then all the beta history (it's cummulative). Read specially the 11th April release.

In your case configure your local Flex Radio with Flex 6xxxx option as transceiver 1 then your remote Flex as Flex Radio CAT TCP in transceiver 2. When configuring more than one transceiver a number is displayed in the transceiver toolbar. Click on this number to switch to the next one. A new field has been added to set a transceiver name used as Hint to help switching. I'm pretty sure you will love this function!

Best 73
(07-06-2021, 11:01 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

In order to use your Flex Radio remotely you have to select the FLex CAT TCP option. Current Swisslog version only supports one transceiver except if you use OmniRig. But I have great new for you: new version 5.102 will implement support up to 4 transceiver and 4 rotators. You don't have to wait until the official release of version 5.102. There is a beta version available containing all news and corrections and it's very stable (I use it every day with no issues). Please read this thread:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...php?fid=27

Read the Beta versions info thread then all the beta history (it's cummulative). Read specially the 11th April release.

In your case configure your local Flex Radio with Flex 6xxxx option as transceiver 1 then your remote Flex as Flex Radio CAT TCP in transceiver 2. When configuring more than one transceiver a number is displayed in the transceiver toolbar. Click on this number to switch to the next one. A new field has been added to set a transceiver name used as Hint to help switching. I'm pretty sure you will love this function!

Best 73
Hi Jordi the beta I am using now has 4 transceivers listed. The reason for asking is the amateur radio club I belong to has a Flex that I can use plus all the antennas. What I wanted to do is use transceiver 1 for my radio and transceiver 2 for our clubs radio.
Hi,

Of course you can do this with latest beta! Configure your Flex Radio with Flex 6xxxx option in Transceiver 1 then configure your radio club Flex as transceiver 2 with the Flex CAT TCP option. 

In order to use your radio club Flex, you need first to know the Flex login details to connect with Smart SDR. Once you have established connection to your radio club Flex, you need to start Smart CAT then create a CAT TCP port at port 5005. Smart CAT already creates a CAT TCP at port 5002. You can either change the port number in the Swisslog setup to use port 5002 or create a new TCP CAT on port 5005. Please read the transceiver control chapter. When logged to your own account, transceiver 1 will use the Flex API (the best for local connections) and Transceiver 2 will also read your Flex but using the CAT TCP connection. When you log in your radio club account, transceiver 1 won't read anything (because it's your local Flex) and Transceiver 2 will read your club Flex.

Best 73
I will give it a try today and let you know what happens.
Hi Jordi it works with small problem. I use IP 192.168.50.9 for transceiver 1 (home Flex) for transceiver 2 (club Flex) I use IP address 127.0.0.1 and TCP port 5005. Anyway to save IP address for each transceiver? Now if I change one IP it changes the other.
Hello,

Please download this new beta and let me know. Now you should be able to save different IP. You will have to reconfigure again:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV
Thanks Jordi, works great thank you.