Swisslog's Forum
Working conds follow band in use - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Wish list (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Working conds follow band in use (/showthread.php?tid=1234)



Working conds follow band in use - hb9rxc - 02-01-2025

Hello Jordi,

first of all thank you very much for your continous support of SwissLog !! Great !!

This is my request or idea based on my experience:  I use quite often few rigs with different type of antenna, let say HF = dipoles, 50MHz = 6 elements, 144 = 10 elements yagi and so on.
The same is valid for transceiver type and so on ...

Sometime when I switch band, I forgot to select the correct <working conditions> that contain information about antenna, transceiver, power, etc ...

Would be possible to switch automatically the working conditions based on used bands ? Or something like that without going thru menu ?

Thank you very much, 73 and HNY pietro


RE: Working conds follow band in use - EA3GCV - 03-01-2025

Hello Pietro,

Yes, I also experience the same and sometimes I forget to select the right working conditions. However, it's very complicated to do what you suggest. First of all, I would have to add band checkboxes in the Working conditions window to allow user select the bands used for the specific working conditions. But unfortunately I can't edit this specific window in the compiler. I can edit ALL other forms but this one triggers an error and I can't edit it in graphic mode, only in text mode. I have tried everything with no success. I even found a note from Walter about this form and he also got this error. Edit this in text mode is a real nightmare! 

But even if I could solve this, another important problem is: what happen if you have different rigs but sharing the same antenna? (this is my case). Which one should Swisslog select? Or what about if you have a specific working condition for QRP? How Swisslog will know when you are using a certain power output or a different transceiver?

It's a good idea but difficult to implement because it has many variables. I always try to automatize as much as possible to avoid user intervention but in this case user will still need to do this "hard" work  Smile

Best 73