Swisslog's Forum
DXLab commander - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Wish list (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: DXLab commander (/showthread.php?tid=251)

DXLab commander - DF6PW - 23-07-2016

Hi,

There is a very nice feature in the WSJT-X software: CAT control via "DX Lab Suite Commander". Not sure how it works (DDE?) but it works fine and I think it would be an asset to implement this way of CAT-control in Swisslog under "Transceiver Control".

Vy 73

Hartmut
DF6PW

RE: DXLab commander - EA3GCV - 23-07-2016

Hi Hartmut,

I will take a look into it for a future version! However WSJT-X also implements OmniRig which is supported in this new version.

Best 73

RE: DXLab commander - EA3GCV - 25-07-2016

Hi Hartmut,

Just inform you that I have got all the technical information about DX Lab Commader and I will be able to implement it in the next version.

Meantime, if you want you can use DX Lab Commander in Swisslog (only for reading QRG/Mode), performing the following steps:

- Go to Options | Transceiver interface
 - Go to the 'DDE' tab
 - Fill out the following DDE parameters:
  • DDE Server: CI-V COMMANDER
  • Topic: DDEServer
  • QRG_item: RcvFreq
  • Mode-item: RadioMode
You won't be able to set the QRG/mode from Swisslog to Commander. This will be possible when I add Commander because I need to adapt some routines in the code for Commander.

Best 73

RE: DXLab commander - DF6PW - 16-09-2016

Hi Jordi,

That works out fine ... looking forward to the full implementation!

Thanks and

Vy 73

Hardy
DF6PW

RE: DXLab commander - EA3GCV - 17-09-2016

By the way I inform you that I'm currently working to implement support for WSJT-X and JT65-HF HB9HQX Edition. I'm sure you will like the next version ;-)

Best 73

RE: DXLab commander - kq5s - 07-11-2016

(25-07-2016, 01:26 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Any idea when you might have Commander fully working?

Tom
KQ5S

Hi Hartmut,

Just inform you that I have got all the technical information about DX Lab Commader and I will be able to implement it in the next version.

Meantime, if you want you can use DX Lab Commander in Swisslog (only for reading QRG/Mode), performing the following steps:

- Go to Options | Transceiver interface
 - Go to the 'DDE' tab
 - Fill out the following DDE parameters:
  • DDE Server: CI-V COMMANDER
  • Topic: DDEServer
  • QRG_item: RcvFreq
  • Mode-item: RadioMode
You won't be able to set the QRG/mode from Swisslog to Commander. This will be possible when I add Commander because I need to adapt some routines in the code for Commander.

Best 73

RE: DXLab commander - EA3GCV - 07-11-2016

Hello Tom,

I'm working in a new version that I expect to release before the end of the year. This new version will have a fully working Dx Lab Commander option as well as some other interesting news such as support for these JT65 programs: WSJT-X, JTDX and HB9HQX Edition, among other news and corrections.

Stay tuned here or when you see the New version warning in Swisslog.

Best 73

RE: DXLab commander - kq5s - 07-11-2016

Thanks!  I really like using Commander and the user defined controls.

Tom
KQ5S