Swisslog's Forum
World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour (/showthread.php?tid=527)

Pages: 1 2

World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EA3GCV - 08-11-2018

Dear users,

Many users are not displaying the world map with the default high quality texture, so land territories are displayed in green color. If you want to display the high quality texture do the following:

- In the World Map function press the Configuration button
- Press the Texture button. Select the file globe_col3.bmp which is located in the MAPS folder and press Open
- In the Loaded layers section, select the TGWorld_high.LYR (or TGWorld) layer. 
- Uncheck the Show layer option below

NOTE: Please delete the TGWorld.LYR layer in case you have it loaded along with the TGWorld_high.LYR (or viceversa).

Now you will see the World Map with the default high quality texture.

Best 73

[Image: textmaplLarge.png]

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - JW6VDA - 09-11-2018

I'd like the map to look like the screenshot shown, but I cannot see neither the DXCC's nor the aurora oval on my my map. What settings are needed?

73 de Tom 6VDA

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EA3GCV - 09-11-2018

Hi Tom,

When you enter in the world Map configuration, you have a list of available layers. Select the one you want to see and make sure the "Show layer" option is checked.

Best 73

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EI4KF - 10-11-2018

(09-11-2018, 03:12 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Tom,

When you enter in the world Map configuration, you have a list of available layers. Select the one you want to see and make sure the "Show layer" option is checked.

Best 73

The problem with the Swisslog map is that much screen is taken up by the buttons and drop-down boxes. There needs to be a configuration on/off so that these can be suppressed, leaving the map window being solely for the map. Another related issue is in zooming out to get the World displayed in a window that is reduced by the configuration elements, the DXCC labels disappear.

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EA3GCV - 10-11-2018

Hi Erik,

I have good news ;-) I have redesigned the upper part and now in a single row I have placed everything. I have replaced the "Configuration" word by a standard Configuration or setup icon. Attached is a screenshot. It will be available in 5.98d.

Regarding DXCC labels, this has to be done because letters are being resized with zoom. Otherwise you would see letters really small when zooming out. If you want to see more detail you will have to zoom in.

Best 73

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EI4KF - 12-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 05:56 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Erik,

I have good news ;-) I have redesigned the upper part and now in a single row I have placed everything. I have replaced the "Configuration" word by a standard Configuration or setup icon. Attached is a screenshot. It will be available in 5.98d.

Regarding DXCC labels, this has to be done because letters are being resized with zoom. Otherwise you would see letters really small when zooming out. If you want to see more detail you will have to zoom in.

Best 73

Hello Jordi - it is so much better. Well done. Also, I was referring to the relationship between the lack of map space and zoom. So, if there is more map space, the need to zoom out is reduced and therefore loss of labels is less likely. It will interesting to see the map in its new format in 98d. Thanks.

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - ct1bxx - 15-11-2018

Hello Jordi,

Thanks for good news!

I have tried to change the Map as you told above, It does not work for me, perhaps I am doing something wrong… However the map file I have is different from what you have pointed. my map file is: " globeCol_3.map" While you suggest "globe_Col3.bmp"

Could you please confirm about the Map file?

73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - EA3GCV - 18-11-2018

Hello Fernando,

The map file is called GlobeCol_3. The extension of this fie is BMP not MAP. Rename the file to globeCol_3.bmp. That's the reason you can't select it.

Best 73

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - ct1bxx - 18-11-2018

(18-11-2018, 02:04 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Fernando,

The map file is called GlobeCol_3. The extension of this fie is BMP not MAP. Rename the file to globeCol_3.bmp. That's the reason you can't select it.

Best 73

Jordi Thanks,

Working fine.

Have a nice week

RE: World Map: land territories displayed in green colour - W9GBB - 17-11-2019

Hello, I'm a brand new user of Swisslog and really like it so far. I would really like a better quality map with greater detail and have been trying to get mine to show the high quality texture but will not work no matter what I do (TGWorld_high.LYR).  I've gone through this whole article several times and it won't display the map like that. 
Any help on what I can do or if there are other maps I can load here?  I'm running version 5.99d

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Greg