Swisslog's Forum
DX Messages resetting - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Error reports (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: DX Messages resetting (/showthread.php?tid=549)

Pages: 1 2

DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 09-01-2019

I don't know if this is an error.  Maybe I have a missed a setting somewhere.  Since v5.99, I notice when the time reaches 0000z (my time zone is UTC) that any messages in the DX Messages window disappear.  The window remains open and new spots appear from 0000z.  My spots lifetime is set to 360 minutes.  Perhaps I should try a lower number?

This behaviour is both before and after I have installed the recent patch (after the flashing window problem).

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Reg G3WPF

RE: DX Messages resetting - EA3GCV - 09-01-2019

Hello Reg,

Now in order to calculate the spotlife time I use the time difference defined in Windows. I will check what happen at 00 UTC, other user reported me the same having the default 60 minutes value. But I have to try to reproduce the problem here. I will investigate but it's difficults because I have to test at 00 UTC exactly because of the time value of DX spots.

Best 73

RE: DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 09-01-2019

OK Jordi.

Thanks.

Reg

RE: DX Messages resetting - EA3GCV - 10-01-2019

Hello again,

Could you please confirm if this issue happens only in the DX message window or on band maps too?

Best 73

RE: DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 10-01-2019

Hello Jordi.

I have not used band maps but I have just enabled it and will check tonight.

Reg

RE: DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 11-01-2019

Hello Jordi.

Yes, band maps clears also. In fact, it did not even re-populate with spots after 0000z but the dx messages window does show spots after 0000z. So, I closed the band maps window and then opened it again and it then populated with ALL the spots after 0000z shown in dx messages.

Hope this helps.

Reg

RE: DX Messages resetting - EA3GCV - 11-01-2019

Hello Reg,

Please confirm that this is the behaviour:

- At 0000UTC all spots are cleared from Dx messages / Band maps windows
- After a while, spots are displayed again in the Dx message window but not in band maps. Are these spots within the spotlifetime value? I mean, if you have 360 minutes as lifetime, do you see again all spots since 1900 UTC? Or only from 0000UTC?

Sorry for so many questions but I need to know exactly the behaviour in order to try to find out the bug in the code.

Best 73

RE: DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 11-01-2019

Hi Jordi.

Yes, you have it correct but just to confirm:

At 0000z:

Spots are cleared from Dx Messages and band maps windows but both windows remain open and empty.

From 0000z:

In Dx messages window only spots timed from 0000z begin to appear as a station is spotted. Nothing appears in the band maps window

Close band maps window.
Open band maps window - band map shows spots that have come through since 0000z

In both dx messages and band maps windows any spots from before 0000z have disappeared, even with 360 minutes as lifetime and do not return.

Reg

RE: DX Messages resetting - G3WPF - 12-01-2019

Hi Jordi.

Correction for tonight. I came into shack just after 0000z:

Dx messages window had reset and only spots from after 0000z were showing. It included spots for 40m and 80m - see next paragraph.

Band maps window was on 40m but it had "frozen". Previous spots (from before 0000z) were there but new ones after 0000z were NOT showing. I changed band in band maps window (from 40m to 80m). No spots at all on 80m for either before or after 0000z. Closed band maps window. Re-opened band maps window. Spots on 80m after 0000z were now showing. Also spots on 40m after 0000z were now showing. (These spots for 80m and 40m were listed in the dx messages window already after it had reset at 0000z.)

Reg

RE: DX Messages resetting - EA3GCV - 13-01-2019

Hello Reg,

Thank you for the extended report. I guess is something about date change because spots before 0000 UTC within lifetime should be displayed. I will have to review carefully.

Best 73