Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Propagation Data & Band Map
06-05-2016, 02:49 PM,
Propagation Data & Band Map
There are only two things I miss on Swisslog:
  • The possibility to store the Propagation Data with the QSO.
  • To have the cluster information on a Band Map
That's my wish list for next upgrades.

73 de Amadeo, EA3OW.
06-05-2016, 05:00 PM,
RE: Propagation Data & Band Map
Hi Amadeo:

You can store the propagation data in the QSO. Right click on the Add QSO window and select Options. Check the option "Show special - modes and satellite fields". You will see the Prop. mode and Sat-Name fields to select and store the Propagation mode and Satellite name (if working with satellites). The Propagation mode list fullfils the ADIF v3.0.4. requirements. It's available updated in version 5.92.

The Cluster information in a band map is more complex and difficult to me but it's added to the wish list :-)

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-05-2016, 03:09 PM,
Hi Jordi,

I was wrong with the term Propagation Data, I meant to say Solar Data, specially SFI.
It may be possible to add the SFI to the some field of the logbook a posteriori...

Amadeo, EA3OW
08-05-2016, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 01:05 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Amadeo,

I don't really think necessary to add a specific field in the QSO Entry window for this (there are a lot of fields!). Because SFI is an information regarding the QSO I think the best field for this info is the Comments field. In order to make things easier I can add this info automatically. In next version I will add the SFI value in the Comments field based in the following criteria:

- You must be connected to internet to read the SFI value (it's obvious but if nothing read nothing added)
- If the SFI value is different to 0 I will add 'SFI: xx' at the beginning of the comments field. Otherwise nothing is added.

This way the current SFI when working a QSO is stored in the comments field. 

The same thing applies when importing ADIF data from other programs: if SFI field exists in the ADIF file and the value is not 0 it will be added in the comments field. Now Swisslog perform the same whem importing some other ADIF fields such as QSO_RANDOM, NR_PINGS, NR_BURTS, MAX_BURTS, MS_SHOWER, K_INDEX, A_INDEX or EMAIL. If these fields are found in the ADIF file and the value is different to 0 then there are added to the comments field. 

Attached you will find a screenshot of the final result.

I hope this solution will accomplish your wishes :-)

Best 73

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jordi, EA3GCV
17-05-2016, 11:40 PM,
(08-05-2016, 11:17 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Jordi,

I understand the difficulty of adding more fields. The idea of using an existing field is splendid, perhaps, if the SFI can automatically passed to the Comments field, might do as well to existing fields as 'Diploma'. In this way statistics could be developed subsequently using this data. If you use the field Comments, it is very complex to know if the data is SFI, Busrt or any other. There are many fields like 'Diploma 1-15' that can be configured to suit the user.
Furthermore, the SFI can also be obtained from the cluster, or even a posteriori can be introduced from a data source.

Thank you so much for your help.

Amadeo
18-05-2016, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 18-05-2016, 09:51 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Amadeo,

The diploma fields are used for statistics and for certain DXCC (as EA) are all occupied and I have to use variable fields. Also the diploma fields are not suitable to place this info because it's not any award information, just information relative to propagation conditions during the QSO.

Currently I can add fields to tables but not to important MS queries used in Swisslog such the QSO querie (the main data source for many functions in Swisslog).

All this data (SFI, Nr of burts, K index, A index) are data relative to the QSO. I know that the best way would be to have a field for every data. But adding these info to the comments field is the best solution I can give now due to the limitation I have explained you above. I know the difficulties to handle this data later because it's a memo field but at least is stored in the QSO if user needs to know these data in the future (not for handling just for information). 

I'm sorry to not be able to fullfil all your needs on this matter but at least the SFI info will be added in the Comments field in the next version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
18-05-2016, 10:09 AM,
(18-05-2016, 09:48 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Ok Jordi, I understand. Thank you so much for your effort.
25-07-2016, 07:50 PM,
(06-05-2016, 05:00 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Amadeo:

You can store the propagation data in the QSO. Right click on the Add QSO window and select Options. Check the option "Show special - modes and satellite fields". You will see the Prop. mode and Sat-Name fields to select and store the Propagation mode and Satellite name (if working with satellites). The Propagation mode list fullfils the ADIF v3.0.4. requirements. It's available updated in version 5.92.

The Cluster information in a band map is more complex and difficult to me but it's added to the wish list :-)

Best 73
Hi Jordi,

Only one idea about band map:
Now that we have Omnirig in the last version, we could use BandMaster from VE3NEA as we use Omnirig. BandMaster works perfect with Omnirig

Here is the link : http://www.dxatlas.com/BandMaster/

73 Manuel Fernando
26-07-2016, 04:27 PM,
Hi Manuael,

Good idea!! I will talk with Alex to know technical details how to interface band master to Swisslog!

Thank you for your excellent suggestion!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
13-04-2019, 06:34 PM,
Hello Jordi,
how I can put SAT QO-100 to the list under SAT-Name?
Mike DL7UKM