Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoTW synch error under Windows XP
20-10-2018, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-10-2018, 05:45 PM by dl5ug.)
RE: LoTW synch error under Windows XP
Dear Jordi,

I have the same problem, but with Windows VISTA!
I also get the message, that my password should be wrong!
So I enabled TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2, following the steps under
https://johnhaller.com/useful-stuff/enab...dows-vista
The steps were successfully completed without any errors.
According to
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 is now activated. It is also activated in the control center under the internet options.
Firefox is version 52.9.0 (32-Bit).

BUT:
The problem remains the same! Huh
Pse help!
BR Peter, DL5UG
21-10-2018, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-10-2018, 12:15 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

Many other users around the world are having many issues after this security change. This is not a Swisslog issue but a new requirement of ARRL servers. In fact most sites updated to TLS 1.2 some time ago (ie. Club Log) and for that reason I updated Swisslog accordingly. Seems that enabling TLS 1.2 in Windows Vista or W7 SP1 is not solving this issue and will only work if using a web browser (but not all).

I highly suggest you to upgrade to W10 to ensure you won't have any problems with the LoTW synch in Swisslog. W10 is more stable, faster and compatible with the latest security requirements of many websites than previous operating systems (above all VISTA!). Like it or not but it's time to upgrade to a newer operating system to avoid problems with latest security requirements of most internet services. 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
06-11-2018, 06:22 PM,
Hi all,

Just let you know that there are users using Windows 7 SP1 and the LoTW synchronization is working well. If you are getting a message that password is wrong, please review carefully that you have set the right password in the LoTW configuration in Swisslog. If it's correct and your password contains special characters, try to change your LoTW web password and use only numbers and letter and try again. If it's working this way please let me know. If not try to reinstall Windows 7.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
14-11-2018, 08:56 PM,
Hi all,

It's very important that you use the latest version of Swisslog! Swisslog was not ready for TLS 1.2 until version 5.97i. This was the problem of DL7CX becasue he was using version 5.97h which was not TLS 1.2 ready. So you can use LoTW synch in Windows 7 without any problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
15-11-2018, 08:37 PM,
Many thanks for the support from Jordi since years! Great hamspirit!

Now all ok and my good old NEW swisslog works with LOTW without problems.

73 Olaf