Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merging of Logs
19-12-2018, 05:28 PM,
Merging of Logs
I would like to merge a number of contest logs into a single big log. 
Whenever I import QSOs from an ADIF resp. SWL type of log the imported log always overwrites the "event"-information, i.e. the name of the contests already contained in the original log. What is my mistake resp. how do I achieve my goal of creating a single big log out of many smaller logs. I know that I can't merge logs from different qths; in my case all the small individual logs are from the same location.

Thanks for your help es vy 73 de Rudy, DJ3WE
24-12-2018, 12:01 AM,
RE: Merging of Logs
Hi Rudy,

You have to create an Event in Swisslog for every of your contests. When you are importing QSO, the last step is to select the MyQTH, Working conditions and Events to be assigned to the QSOs to be imported. So you only have to create as many Events as contests names and select the right one before importing the QSOs.

I don't suggest to create an event for every contest for every year/mode. I mean, don't create CQWW CW 2017, CQWW SSB 2018 and so on. Simply create an event for the main contest name: CQWW DX, CQ WPX, ARRL DX, etc. If you need to select QSOs from a certain contest (i.e. CQWW DX CW 2015) in a logbook view including the EVENTS field, you will have to filter by:

Event = CQWW DX
Mode = CW
Year = 2015

This way to save lots of entries in Events and you will have all your QSOs perfectly classified.

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog