Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to enter QSLMSG: in the Comments field
22-04-2020, 06:02 PM,
How to enter QSLMSG: in the Comments field
Do I have to set this for every qso, or is there a way to add this as a default to to all qsos, eg when running FT8, or working a pileup in SSB?
QSLMSG: in the Comments field with the text you want to display in your eQSL card.

Thanks for the new version 5.99g!

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
22-04-2020, 06:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 22-04-2020, 06:22 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: How to enter QSLMSG: in the Comments field
Hi Tom,

If you want to set a default text for eQSL when working with WSJT-X / JTDX you can set it easily from the Log dialog on these programs:

When pressing the Log QSO button, in the Comments fields, set:

QSLMSG: your text to eQSL

Check the RETAIN option. This text will always be sent to the Comment field of Swisslog for every QSO you save and this text will go directly to eQSL.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-04-2020, 09:45 AM,
That's what I thought, but I wondered if there was an option for this in SL. I'll test it today on WSJT-X. My question was also related to running a pileup, for instance in SSB when I'm operating from JW. But I guess that the answer is NO, which means that it will be too time consuming in a pileup situation to add QSLMSG. It's a minor issue, I was just sondering.

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
23-04-2020, 10:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-04-2020, 10:50 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Tom,

I think when you are in a pileup you don't want to waste time adding comments. However, if you want to set a fixed text in the Comments field, you can do one of the following methods:

While entering QSOs:

- Go to the Comments tab in the QSO Entry window
- Type the fixed text you want to set, i.e: QSLMSG: Thank you for nice QSO 73's
- Select this text and press Ctrl-C to copy this text in memory
- Simply press Ctrl-V to paste the text retained in memory on the Comments field on every QSO before saving

AFTER you have worked QSOs:

- Go to View / Logbook (selection) and select any view containing the QSO Note field (such Logbook ALL fields) Or modify the query you normally use and add the NOTES field from the QSO table
- Select the QSOs you want to set the same text in the comments field by using the powerful filters of the logbook view.
- Once you have all the QSOs listed in the view, mouse right click on any content of the QSO Notes field then select Edit > Change all QSO
- Type the text you want to set in all QSOs and accept all confirmation messages.
- That's all! You have set a fixed text in all the QSOs you need with few mouse clicks!

As you can see you Swisslog offers you different ways to do the same thing. It's up to you now to choose the method which fits better to you.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog