Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9 be aware ...
27-12-2014, 03:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014, 03:53 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9 be aware ...
(26-12-2014, 08:46 PM)pid=\425 Wrote:Hello Fulvio,

First of all thank you for your comments.

Regarding the queries used in the logbook view, during the installation process there is a step, titled IMPORTANT, which clearly states that due to a new structure in the Queries folder (new queries, many old queries changed and queries and folder names in the own language) ALL the old queries will be moved to the BACKUP folder (which is located where Swisslog is installed). That way users can recover personal queries in case they didn't make a previous backup. But in some way I had to cleanup the Queries folder to adapt to the new structure. Unfortunately many people press the Next button without reading and this cause many problems. Today I have changed the installer and this screen which shows this important information (and some other) now needs that user click on "I have read this information" radio button to continue installation. But I have ensured that the installer doesn't delete any important or personal file. It just moves them to the Backup folder to allow recovering if user needs them.

Colours: when I decided to change the color design of Swisslog to make it more "modern" and better looking visually speaking, I realised that maybe some users wouldn't like it. I didn't used that colours by chance. Simply I wanted to use a similar color design as Walter used in version 6. The best way it would be to have an option so that user could select the background colors based on his own preferences. But at the moment I haven't found a way to implement this. I'm not expert at all in Delphi and I'm trying to do the best I can based on my programming knowledge and Swisslog. I explain all this in the help Introduction. Swisslog has more than 1 milion of lines of code and even professional programmer would find difficult to understand how Swisslog is structured. Christian Aymon, HB9DBC, who is a professional programmer and who years ago could make some modifications knows perfectly all this. I also have many difficulties and even I can't change many forms because I got some editing problems which at the moment I'm not able to solve. So that's the reason why there are still some windows with the original color. Because I can't change anything.

I'm really sorry that you find "annoying" the new color design. It's very difficult to make all users happy... Some like some things some others not. If I receive many complaints about the color design I don't have any problem to go back to the original colors. However I have to tell you that at the present moment you are the only one user complaining about this. I have received dozens of direct feedback from users around the world who likes a lot the new color design. So at the moment all user's feedback (except you) is positive in this topic.

However I have detected that in Windows XP the main form background color is not the blue color I programmed. It's more vivid and different. Maybe you are referring to this blue color. In Windows 7 or Windows 8 the color is the one I really assigned in the form. I will check to correct this so that the blue color will be the same in all operating systems. See the attached screenshots so that you can see the differences between the color displayed in Windows XP and Windows 8 (the blue color it should be). 

Best 73

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9 be aware ... - by hb9dhg - 26-12-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Upgrade from 5.8 to 5.9 be aware ... - by EA3GCV - 27-12-2014, 03:08 AM