Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eQSL synchronisation?
10-05-2015, 10:44 AM,
RE: eQSL synchronisation?
(08-04-2015, 12:41 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

I fully agree to you and the eQSL synchronization is a challenge to me. Keep in mind that by far I don't have the programming skills Walter had! I'm doing the best I can and I know to keep Swisslog alive. Last 5 months I have been fully dedicated to Swisslog (more than 10 hours a day) studyng Delphi language and how Walter programmed Swisslog after my accident. But in a few weeks I will get back to work again and Swisslog needs a lot of time to learn and study. Believe me it's a very huge project! more than 1 milion lines of code and very sophisticated and complex. And it's not documented. Walter had all this in his mind. I'm in a jungle where I have to find out everything so I'm very limited. I'm really surprised of what I have done since version 5.9. But users must know my limitations.

Regarding the eQSL I need to use the LOTW code and forms as a template to compare and try to adapt to eQSL and the internal structure of Swisslog. But I have a problem! I can't modify the LOTW forms due to errors with the compiler. First I have to try to make a fresh install of all the programming tools Walter used and believe me is not an easy task! I don't have all components and the installation is really complex. I'm not a professional programmer as Walter was! I can't promiss anything to anybody but I can ensure that I will try to implement it in the future. Now I'm working in version 5.9c to implement some last enhacements to the MixW support and some minor things. After that I need to dedicate my time to try to make a fresh installation of Delphi programs used to develop Swisslog. It's basic to implement the eQSL support. If I don't succeed it will be really difficult... If someday I'm able to implement the eQSL supportit will be a dream come true. I don't give up easily so I will try it for sure!

Best 73
many thanks for all your hard work and efforts. I wait also to the connection with eQSL
vy 73 Kalle DM3BJ

Messages In This Thread
eQSL synchronisation? - by JW6VDA - 07-04-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: eQSL synchronisation? - by EA3GCV - 08-04-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: eQSL synchronisation? - by dm3bj - 10-05-2015, 10:44 AM
RE: eQSL synchronisation? - by JW6VDA - 08-04-2015, 11:26 AM