Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Counties
03-04-2019, 09:00 PM,
US Counties
My statistic database for US counties had become corrupt.  I think it was because info was being imported from the internet like Alaska counties (not judicial districts).  So I cleaned up my statistics and also the INF_USCOUNTY.txt file and the associated info table.  I corrected some spelling errors and also some with wrong call area.  I attach my updated INF_USCOUNTY.txt file.

If you want to try it, make sure you save a back up of your current .txt file first then replace it with new file.  Also, correct your INF table e.g. MA-WORCHESTER  corrected to MA-WORCESTER etc.  Do this by tools>information tables>export/import/edit>select INF_USCOUNTY.  Note: there are a lot of changes because I also amended the names of counties like "St.Charles" to "St. Charles" (separate words).  

Then go to view>statistic>statistics>standard>US Counties Award and then select a report which has detail and description checked (e.g. 9 band cw/ssb).  This will show the changed counties and also the old (incorrect) name.  Your QSO's should be against the old name and the new name will show no contacts - easy way to tell between new and old is that there is no call area shown against the old county name e.g. old = MA-WORCHESTER, but the new = MA-WORCESTER - W1.  (This is also a good way to identify any other errors in county names that you may have.)

Then go the QSOs (individual or mass update via logbook view)  and change the county to the new one.  When each contact of an old county is changed if you refresh the statistic the old county should disappear.  Another good check is worked + needed should = 3077 total counties.

I hope it works for you!  If not, revert to backed up .txt file and re-create INF_USCOUNTY file.

Reg

Attached Files
.txt   INF_USCOUNTY.txt (Size: 56,92 KB / Downloads: 10)

Messages In This Thread
US Counties - by G3WPF - 03-04-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: US Counties - by EA3GCV - 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM
RE: US Counties - by G3WPF - 12-03-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: US Counties - by G3WPF - 11-04-2021, 11:49 PM
RE: US Counties - by EA3GCV - 12-04-2021, 12:27 AM