Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity
24-11-2019, 01:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-11-2019, 03:26 PM by EI4KF.)
Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity
The CQ WW DX contest, with its inherent high spot per minute count, again highlights the difficulty Swisslog has in processing them and maintaining other functions in a timely fashion.

I was prompted to write this because of my own experience in the contest and also this email I received from another Swisslog user:

"About suisslog log Erik, I think Jordi can improve this.
For me is a problem on design software.

Becouse if you are use others logs, you don't need use filters to put slow dx messages, you can use all, and cluster is very faster and no problem to freeze other functions on software.

On suisslog if you have many spots, the others functions on software freeze, you not can do anything if coming many spots.
So I really love suisslog, and like to help to contribute to do better".

We both have one normal Dx Cluster connected with a filter on the input. The above user, in south America, reduces the spot count by excluding NA spots. I reduce the count by excluding EU spots. But still, at 30+ spots per minute, other functions are not smooth. The most badly affected one is logging - I can be working another station even in S&P mode before Swisslog has logged the previous contact. F10 is met with a temporary freeze of the software, often until there is a few seconds lull in incoming spots.

Some may argue that this anomaly is only apparent during major contests and Swisslog is not contest software. Nevertheless, it would be beneficial if somehow some improvement could be made.

Erik.

Messages In This Thread
Swisslog functions slow during high DX Spot activity - by EI4KF - 24-11-2019, 01:59 PM