Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WSJT-X 2.1.2, SWisslog, OmniRig and FT-1000MP
29-11-2019, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-11-2019, 03:43 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: WSJT-X 2.1.2, SWisslog, OmniRig and FT-1000MP
Hello Tom,

Because OmniRig can't be installed in another folder different than C:\Program Files (x86) (which is a system protected folder), you can try to force running OmniRig as administrator (do this directly in the OmniRig.exe located in the  C:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig folder). However, first try to run all programs without administratoro rights. If you still have issues, run all 3 programs as administrator. According to my experience, most times there is no need to run OmniRig as administrator (and force Swisslog and other programs using OmniRig to do the same). But in case of problems, running all programs as administrator solved the issue.

However, and according your explanation, I guess a RF problem instead of a setup problem. I have experienced exactly the same issue as you explain and the reason was RF. More noticeable if using a linear amplifier and in low bands (as in your case). Add ferrites to ALL computer cables (USB CAT cable, keyboard, mouse, screen, etc).  And also to all coaxial cables in your radio shack (Toshiba ZCAT2132-1130 which is the best for RG-8 cable).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
RE: WSJT-X 2.1.2, SWisslog, OmniRig and FT-1000MP - by EA3GCV - 29-11-2019, 03:42 PM