Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error reading from Callbook databases
26-07-2021, 08:46 AM,
RE: Error reading from Callbook databases
(25-07-2021, 10:34 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Erik,

I have had to delete again the line restored from 5.8. Other beta tester have found that in latest beta QTH locator was not passed on the QSO. I have revised the code carefully and this line has direct relation for Region field (such US State) and geo coordinates. It has nothing to do with other fields such name, QTH etc. I did this fix in 5.9 and I didn't recall why I did it but it was obvious it was needed! I have updated the beta restoring this line and leaving it as it was before.

Your first issue is really weird, I'm unabled to reproduce it here and nobody has report me anything similar (even other very active beta testers). I haven't changed anything on this. I don't understand why it sets the same name in new QSOs from previous callsigns. Did you check if you had previous QSOs with such callsigns? in such case, could you please see what operator name is set in previous QSOs for such call? Remember that the saved name in previous QSO prevail over the QRZ name.  Maybe it was a big coincidence for these callsigns and the operator name was wrong.

By the way, I have implemented S-Meter reading from TCI. Could please give it a try to see if it works?

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

I do have previous QSOs with most of the affected contacts. In those the Operator name is correct. All my logbook Operator names are correct for Swisslog versions before 5.102b. I am still testing the beta with the line change and so far it has not happened but I have not made that many QSOs yet. I will continue to test and then change to the newest beta and see if there is any difference. 

Regarding the S-Meter in TCI, as I am now on the Flex I will need to update Swisslog on the Expert Electronics MB1 and test it. In next days I will do it and send you an email with the result.

Erik.

Messages In This Thread
Error reading from Callbook databases - by EI4KF - 24-07-2021, 10:27 PM
RE: Error reading from Callbook databases - by EI4KF - 26-07-2021, 08:46 AM