Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Qso Operator name / qth?
16-08-2020, 04:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-08-2020, 04:33 PM by KE4BCN.)
New Qso Operator name / qth?
I have been reading through the documentation and I have not found out why some qso's have operator name and qth and others don't. For each new QSO the Operator field is initialized with the name of the callsign owner (station owner). That means that the value stored in C_OP_Name is copied into L_Operator. So when there is information in the Name/QTH field that should copied to the Operator name qth?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

17-08-2020, 09:02 AM,
RE: New Qso Operator name / qth?
Hello,

I can see you are QRZ XML subscriber. You have to enable the automatic copy of fields in Options / Callbook CD / internet databases > Field copy instruction tab > then check the "Automatic copy" and the fields you want to be filled automatically. This is explained in the Quick start and Setup guide.

After entering a callsign Swisslog will read and fill out the selected fields automatically (no need to go to the Callbook tab and press the "Copy" buttons.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-08-2020, 02:59 PM,
I did read through the instructions but must have missed it. Sorry about that.. Thanks again.
18-08-2020, 03:00 PM,
Hopefully I won't have to bother you any more. I have everything enabled as far as name and some qso's give just first name and middle intial and others give whole name.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

18-08-2020, 04:11 PM,
You are free to "bother" me whenever you have any doubts ;-)

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog