Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swisslog 5.8
07-11-2013, 01:39 AM,
swisslog 5.8
Jordi, Gracias por tu ayuda, todo esta bien. los updates estan todos instalados, the Tmp variables estan correctos. Creo que la solucion va a ser installar Windows, per installar Swisslog antes de instalar los service packs y los updates. Que tu crees?
Gracias por tu ayuda.Ahora recuedo que hace tiempo instaled la version 5.3 y abria pero pedia un file. Lo encontre y tabajo. Pero no hay forma de que me acuerde del nombre del file. En este compuer pasa lo mismo. Tu sabes el nombre del file?
Muchos 73 y DX.
Carlos AB4Q
07-11-2013, 01:45 AM,
RE: swisslog 5.8
Hola Carlos:

Te contesto en español pero mejor utilizar el inglés para que todo el mundo pueda leerlo. Te sugiero que siendo el mismo tema no abras un hilo nuevo en el foro sino que contestes en el mismo hilo abierto la primera vez para mejor seguimiento de la pregunta y todas sus respuestas.

No me habias dicho que te pidiera ningún fichero sino que la instalación petaba. Que fichero te pide?
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-11-2013, 01:59 AM,
Jordi, the version was 5.3 in German it ask for "file Name" and under Files of type Statistic DB.
If you put the right file it open.
Thanks
Carlos AB4Q
07-11-2013, 01:14 PM,
Hello Carlos:

The full 5.2 installer shouldn't ask you for this file. However if asked select the file SWLSTAT.MDB. It's located in the folder where you install Swisslog. After installing version 5.2 you MUST install the patch updater of version 5.8

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM,
Hello Jordi, When you use version 5.2 it does not ask for any file, it just does not open up. If you use version 5.3 it wil lask for the file SWLSTAT.MDB. I will try it whenI get home this evening. Plese give the link to obtain the 5.8 patch after you install 5.2 or can you install the complete v 5.8 on top of v5.2. Thanks for your help. Eventually I will be able to make it work. All the computers in the office are running the same operating system and it was no problem to install swisslog here. I really do not want to make another clean installation. Iy takes, as you know several hours.
73'
Carlos AB4Q
09-11-2013, 01:20 AM,
Hello Jordi, I have tried all possibilities to open the program. v 5.2, 5.3,5.4 and 5.8 and there is no way it will open. Evidently there is a problem with the settings in this computer. I have no idea what the problem is. Do you have any suggestion? The computer works really well and as I told you, I do not want to installed again windows.
Thank for all your help and attention.
73's,
Carlos AB4Q
09-11-2013, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013, 08:39 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Carlos:

You must install full versión 5.2 and afterwards install the patch updater to 5.8. Nothing else!

If the full installer doesn't work your operating system have a problem... You told me that you also had the same problem installing the 5.8 installer (the one from the download section of the English side of the Swisslog website) and that installer is different from the original 5.2. Have you tried to repair your operating system instead of making a clean installation?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
10-11-2013, 03:53 AM,
Jordi, Thanks for all your help. I think there is a problem with the operating system. Neither version 5.2 or 5.5 will open. In 5.8 finally I got an error report."the program is not responding". However, when I installed version 5.3. The results are different. When you try to open it you get a message that read: This is not a valid path and also a message that reads." C:\DATEN\SWL\HARDIS FILES\06_02_2006\MASTER.MDB". If you click OK the program opens and works fine, but it is in German. Why is this happening?. However I bet you knows why.
Give me you opinion before I try to fix the operating system.
Thanks again and 73's
Carlos AB4Q
10-11-2013, 04:08 PM,
Jordi, I finally fixed the problem. I repair the installation and it woeks fine.
Now to get to 5.8 I have to down load the patch. Can you give me the link. I am afraid of doing something that will affect the installation. Swisslog is an important part of my station.
Thanks for everything and for your patient.
73's
Carlos AB4Q
11-11-2013, 04:17 PM,
Jordi, yesterday I installed the 5.8 updater and it works really fine. However other programs where not functionig properly and I had to erase the whole installation. Evidently there was a problem with the operating system. After I installed the operating system again I installed Swisslog. first 5.2 and then the patch. It works fine. I will installed all the programs I need and then I will download the upgrades and patches from Microsoft. As you installed them the computer is slower and more problems arise. I really will have to buy new computers and installed Windows 8, but that is not possible at the present time.
Thanks again and 73's.
Carlos AB4Q