Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New version popup
09-11-2022, 04:36 AM,
Bug  New version popup
For the past couple of days I've seen the "new version is available" screen pop up every time I start Swisslog. But the window is not displayed properly, see attachment.

When I click "Yes" to download the new version nothing is actually downloaded. But I do get the message "Swisslog will now close, restart immediately..."

When I click "No" I get an error message:

Also, when I visit the website it appears that there is no new version at all. I still see 5.105 listed as current version.

It's probably just me; how do I fix it - without breaking more?

Thanks.
09-11-2022, 01:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 01:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: New version popup
Hi Gert,

This happens when the default web browser set in your operating system doesn'pt work properly. Maybe it has been changed to another web browser. Type "default applications" in the window search field and check which web browser you have. In case you have a well known web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. open the selected browser and restore the default settings. You should not see this warning again.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
10-11-2022, 04:54 AM,
Hi Jordi,

For some reason I have Firefox listed twice in the default app list (Win 11). The problem is fixed; I'll find out later why I have that entry twice.

And it wasn't about a program update; but a country database. Message displayed properly now, and file downloaded.

Thanks!
10-11-2022, 11:58 AM,
Glad you solved it! When you see this bundled message means that your web browser is not able to read properly the text file with the date of the latest update of the countyr table/statistic database or the version number in case of a new version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog