• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flickering VFO's
24-02-2023, 04:30 PM,
Flickering VFO's
Hi.
Is it possible to stop vfo A/B flickering? I have this problem with my TS-590S,
but not with my IC-9100. I am using omnirig 1.2

73 Bent LA0GE
24-02-2023, 10:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-02-2023, 10:18 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Flickering VFO's
Hi Bent,

This happens because OmniRig is polling radio all time to read both VFO by sending the FA; and FB; commands. Close all programs using OmniRig (such as Swisslog) then make sure Omnirig.exe is not loaded into memory (go to Task manager). Close it in case you find it. Edit the TS-590.INI file located in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs\ folder with a text editor (mouse right click then select EDIT). Find the READ STATUS section at the end of the file then add ; at the beggining of this section (just like this):

[STATUS3]
;Command=(FB;)
;ReplyEnd=(;)
;Validate=(FB...........;)
;Value1=2|11|vfText|1|0|pmFreqB

Save the INI then open Swisslog. Now you should only see the selected VFO of your radio.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-02-2023, 11:25 PM,
(24-02-2023, 10:15 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi Bent,

This happens because OmniRig is polling radio all time to read both VFO by sending the FA; and FB; commands. Close all programs using OmniRig (such as Swisslog) then make sure Omnirig.exe is not loaded into memory (go to Task manager). Close it in case you find it. Edit the TS-590.INI file located in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Afreet\OmniRig\Rigs\ folder with a text editor (mouse right click then select EDIT). Find the READ STATUS section at the end of the file then add ; at the beggining of this section (just like this):

[STATUS3]
;Command=(FBWink
;ReplyEnd=(Wink
;Validate=(FB...........Wink
;Value1=2|11|vfText|1|0|pmFreqB

Save the INI then open Swisslog. Now you should only see the selected VFO of your radio.

Best 73

Hi 
Thank you very much for info. My regular log is Log4om, but there are several things I like better in Swisslog so I am 
trying it  and comparing. If I modify my INI file, will this have an impact on Log4om? There I have both vfo´s shoving and I
am not interested in loosing it. If modifying will mess up Log4om, can I rename the file and just swap in omnirig before
I start Swisslog?

73 Bent LA0GE
01-03-2023, 02:56 AM,
Hi Bent,

If Log4OM reads both VFO, make a copy of the INI file then modify it. Use Rig1 with the original one and Rig2 with the modified version. In Swisslog select OmniRig as transceiver control then select Rig2. This is a safe way and you don't loose anything.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-03-2023, 12:19 PM,
Hi
Again thank you.
I have copied the ini file and made the edit as you suggested.
If I choose omnirig rig 2 in Swisslog it will not work. If I choose
Kenwood/Elecraft it works and I have no flickering. I put all the info
into Omnirig rig 2, but no luck at all with Omnirig. 
I also tried both Log4om and Swisslog together, sharing the same com port
via Omnirig. With Kenwood as rig in Swisslog both worked. I tried my radio
in split mode and then Log4om was correct and Swisslog showed vfo b on my rig.
I am happy for now so please don't spend much time on this.

73 LA0GE Bent