Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add IOTA Numbers to Log
23-03-2023, 11:46 PM,
Add IOTA Numbers to Log
I see in the Help File mention of importing an IOTA Statistics Table, but no mention where I find the Table.

Where is it located ?

Tnx es 73, Dick, W1KSZ
24-03-2023, 03:16 AM,
RE: Add IOTA Numbers to Log
Hi Dick,

You don't need to import anything. Current statistic table implement all updated references of all supported awards (statistics). When entering a callsign in the QSO Entry window, in the QTH tab you will find the IOTA field. Simply enter the IOTA reference there or double click on any award field to show the associated info table of the corresponding award.

PLEASE read carefully the QSO Entry Window chapter in the Swisslog help. This is the main core of Swisslog and it's important user knows how it works.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
24-03-2023, 05:40 PM,
I found the screen showing where I input the IOTA number, now I need to add an IOTA column to the Log View.
I also want a column showing QRG, but the solution to the IOTA issue may resolve that.

I open the Change Query/Field Selection page and get the Power Query screen, I tick on Query, but the drop-down
table does not appear.

What else must I do ?

Tnx, Dick, W1KSZ
25-03-2023, 02:49 AM,
Hi Dick,

For some reason I don't know, if you try to change query/field from a monitor different than the main one, table is not displayed. I guess it's a bug of the compiler which is 21 years old! However I don't have any issues editing the query in the main screen.

The IOTA field is already included in the following default queries from the Logbook folder: Logbook with award fields, DXCC, Zones and My QTH and Logbook ALL fields (slow). But you should be able to edit the query. If you still have issue let me know which fields you like to display and I will send you a customized query to you.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
27-03-2023, 05:56 PM,
I have no idea how to edit a query, much less even find one.

This is getting more complicated the more I get into it.

It shouldn't be this much grief to have a logbook.

73, Dick, W1KSZ
28-03-2023, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 28-03-2023, 01:35 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Dick,

It's very simple, go to View / Logbook view (selection) then select the query "Logbook with award fields, DXCC, Zones and My QTH". This query contains the IOTA field and many others. You don't need to edit the query.

Swisslog offers many possibilities and it's very powerful and flexible but it's important to read the basics of every function.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV