Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WSJT-X, Swisslog in Wine possibilities
22-07-2023, 06:02 PM,
WSJT-X, Swisslog in Wine possibilities
Hi,

Just installed Swisslog in Wine, and it works perfectly.
However, I would like to log QSO's from within WSJT-X which is running outside Wine, natively on Debian 12.

In Swisslog, I can see IP's and ports Swisslog can listen to, but will Swisslog be able to reach the ip/port of WSJT-X
from within Wine.

In other words:
Swisslog runs in Wine, WSJT-X run in linux. How can I make these two communicate with each other ?

Tnx,
73 Hans
23-07-2023, 10:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-07-2023, 10:24 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: WSJT-X, Swisslog in Wine possibilities
Hi Hans,

It's very important both computers uses the same network. In the computer with WSJT, go to Settings / Reporting then set the broadcast address 255.255.255.255 instead of 127.0.0.1. Use default port 2237. This way WSJT-X will send data to all network in UDP port 2237. If you don't want to send data to all network you could set here the IP address of the computer with Wine. But using the broadcast address offers more flexibility if yopu need to receive from other computers at once.

In the computer where you have installed Swisslog, go to Optiions / Digital modes Interface / WSJT-X UDP settings then in the MAIN instance set the IP address assigned to the computer with Wine instead of 127.0.0.1. Swisslog will read all data from WSJT-X.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog