Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v5.107 Slow Performance
07-08-2023, 10:10 PM,
v5.107 Slow Performance
I have recently installed Swisslog on my windows 11 dell machine (i7-8700 CPU, 64Gb Ram, SSD).  I imported about 9800 QSO's from an ADIF, but the GUI seems very sluggish when i click on the menu bar.  If I enable 3 active servers from within the "Telnet Control Windows", i'm almost waiting 5 seconds for the selected item to become active and available.

I didn't yet configure anything fancy, but am curious how to resolve this issue.

O.C. - NG7E
07-08-2023, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2023, 11:25 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: v5.107 Slow Performance
Hi,

Add exceptions to the Swisslog folder and also allow all outgoing/incoming communications to the Swisslog executable in your firewall (SwisslV5.exe). Often most antivirus tend to block and interfere Swisslog activity so adding exceptions is a must.

Another common issue is not coming from Swisslog but the operating system. With no software running, just when you have just started your computer, press Ctrl+Alt+Supr then select Task Manager. go to the Performance tab and check the CPU usage. Under normal conditions it should be around 0-5% with some higher peaks. If CPU load in standby is more than 50% then there is problem in your operating system Probably corrupted system files or often a stuck update. If this is your case, contact me again and I will give you instructions how to fix this. In such cases, Swisslog is only "complaining" that the operating system has an issue.

Although you can do it, I don't suggest to connect to several Telnet servers at once. Try only one and do not connect to any Reverse Beacon server. This servers block the DX Message window!

If you are still in trouble I can check it out via Anydesk or Teamviewer.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog