Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Map Missing
25-08-2023, 03:55 PM,
World Map Missing
Greetings.
I upgraded to version 5.107 and now the View - World Map does not function.
I have reloaded the package twice.
I have searched for the window thinking it might be off screen. 
The sub-directory for Maps is still there.
I do have the program in the recommended C:/Swisslog location.
I'm at a loss as to know what to do without wiping out the entire database, which means I would lose all of my contact information.   Huh

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thank you.

John
WB0RXL
25-08-2023, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-08-2023, 04:41 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: World Map Missing
Hi John,

Go to the Maps folder and delete the Swisslog.env file then reinstall. The default Swisslog.env will be restored. If you don't see the map maybe you have set it as standalone and it's placed outside the screen, so it's not visible. Also check the scroll bars, if you see the World Lap window displayed in the Windows menu. If not, try to use the higher screen resolution your monitor permits to see if you can see it. Otherwise we need to edit the Swisslv5.ini to delete all entries for the World Map function. If this is your case, please send me this file and I will do a cleanup to support@swisslogforwindows.com

If you can see the map but you don't see the high quality coloured background , enter the World Map settings then Load the Swisslog.env file from the Maps folder.

You don't need to worry about losing your contacts if you perform backups often of your database. This is very important! A good backup is to copy the entire C:\Swisslog folder in an external drive including all its contents. In case of issues of a computer loss, you simply need to install Swisslog again in the default folder. After installing restore the folder overwriting all files. You will not only have all your QSOs but all the Swisslog setup, window layout, lotw setup etc as you have it currently.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog