Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entitie wrong
26-02-2015, 06:16 PM,
Entitie wrong
Hi,
I used long time since V5.8. I installed V5.9 on a new computer. And inserted the CTRY file V5.9 and my log MDB.
My statistics are false. Because I had another entities in the wrong box. Once repaired it, I have an entity called "Q" and remains in the list. which distorts the list of search entities.
My question is this: How to remove this line "Q"?
Sorry for my english not good hi…
Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau sur ce magnifique forum.
J'utilisais depuis très longtemps Swisslog version 5.8 en freeware. Cette fois, j'ai installé la nouvelle version 5.9 sur un nouveau PC sous Windows 7. J'y ai laissé le nouveau CTRY, et mon log en MDB dans le répertoire idoine.
Or, dans mes stats DXCC, une nouvelle ligne est apparue : "Q". Là, j'y avais quelques QSO sous cette "entité fantôme". J'ai donc édité ces QSO, en les affectant sous le bon DXCC. Mais cette entité fantôme Q est toujours présente dans mes stats. Donc le nombre de DXCC à contacter est augmenté de 1. Pas grave en soi, mais s'il y avait une solution pour supprimer cette ligne je suis preneur. Mille merci !
Jean-Louis F5UJK
26-02-2015, 06:48 PM,
RE: Entitie wrong
Hello,

What do you you mean with "I inserted CTRY file v5.9 in my Log MDB"?

You don't have to copy or insert anything! The installer copy all files for you. Download and install new version 5.9a and if you are using Windows Vista or upper it's absolutely mandatory that you disable UAC in your operating system (Google how to do it), restart, then install Swisslog with administrator rights (this is explainend in the first screen of the installer).

When do it the above I also recommend to right click on the Swisslog desktop icon, select Properties, Compatibilty and check the option "Always run as administrator" then Apply. This way you ensure Swisslog is running perfectly with administrator rights.

If you have not performed these operations you have to install again after performing all this.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
26-02-2015, 07:03 PM,
Hi Jordi,
I've done the installation with administrator rights.
Disable UAC is OK on my computer.
File CTRY : I kept the one that is installed in the DB directory. I just added my log in this directory.
I think I'll install it again...
Thank you Jordi.
27-02-2015, 01:57 AM,
(26-02-2015, 06:16 PM)f5ujk Wrote: Hi,
I used long time since V5.8. I installed V5.9 on a new computer. And inserted the CTRY file V5.9 and my log MDB.
My statistics are false. Because I had another entities in the wrong box. Once repaired it, I have an entity called "Q" and remains in the list. which distorts the list of search entities.
My question is this: How to remove this line "Q"?
Sorry for my english not good hi…
Bonjour,
Je suis nouveau sur ce magnifique forum.
J'utilisais depuis très longtemps Swisslog version 5.8 en freeware. Cette fois, j'ai installé la nouvelle version 5.9 sur un nouveau PC sous Windows 7. J'y ai laissé le nouveau CTRY, et mon log en MDB dans le répertoire idoine.
Or, dans mes stats DXCC, une nouvelle ligne est apparue : "Q". Là, j'y avais quelques QSO sous cette "entité fantôme". J'ai donc édité ces QSO, en les affectant sous le bon DXCC. Mais cette entité fantôme Q est toujours présente dans mes stats. Donc le nombre de DXCC à contacter est augmenté de 1. Pas grave en soi, mais s'il y avait une solution pour supprimer cette ligne je suis preneur. Mille merci !
Jean-Louis F5UJK

click on view; click logbook-view; click on dxcc column heading (or down arrow there); select "Q"; double click on QSO to edit; change to correct dxcc or leave dxcc blank; save QSO

Reg
04-03-2015, 01:20 PM,
Hello,

As Reg says you have to edit every QSO having Q in the DXCC field and leave it blank. 

If you can wait for the next version this will be done automatically to correct this behaviour. DXCC 'Q' was used in the old country tables to set not valid for DXCC operations or /MM /AM stations. But this caused to count a new entity which is wrong. The best way is to leave the DXCC blank when is not valid for DXCC or for /MM or /AM stations. Perform the manual operations or just wait until version 5.9b which I want to release before end of march.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-03-2015, 03:28 PM,
Hi Jordi !
Wow new version ? Good job, fantastic for Swisslog community.
So, I've corrected the QSO that were under the wrong entity (1B, ZC6, /MM, etc).
And now I've line Q which still exists, but where there is no QSO. It does not matter, I'll wait for the next version !
Thank you very much, see you soon !
Jean-Louis F5UJK
06-03-2015, 12:52 AM,
(04-03-2015, 03:28 PM)f5ujk Wrote: Hi Jordi !
Wow new version ? Good job, fantastic for Swisslog community.
So, I've corrected the QSO that were under the wrong entity (1B, ZC6, /MM, etc).
And now I've line Q which still exists, but where there is no QSO. It does not matter, I'll wait for the next version !
Thank you very much, see you soon !
Jean-Louis F5UJK

Hi Jean-Louis.

How did you change the dxcc's?  I found that if I used the statistic window by double-clicking on the Q line, sometimes Q would still exist after I thought I had changed all the "Q" qsos.  I had to go to logbook-view to make the changes then I was sure I ALL qso's allocated to "Q" were changed.  Sometimes using logbook-view also had to be used to change errors in other statistics.

Reg
08-03-2015, 12:30 PM,
Hi Reg,

I edited the QSO was under the wrong DXCC. Then changed the DXCC in the tab.
But DXCC "Q" is now empty, goal line "Q" still exists. That does not matter.

I will deal with the new version of Jordi soon.
Best 73
Jean-Louis F5UJK