Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
update qsl card window
19-03-2015, 04:13 PM,
update qsl card window
I noticed a strange thing when using the 'register qsl cards' window:

When double click on qsl-r it would put a checkmark in the received box (top half screen) but when double click on qsl-s it ALSO puts a checkmark in the received box.

Another usefull item would be the direct update of the box I'm checking (either qsl-r or qsl-s), now it remains unchecked until I do refresh of the screen.

I'm using v5.9A.

73's, TooN

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

20-03-2015, 12:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-03-2015, 12:11 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: update qsl card window
Hello Toon,

This is not a strange behaviour. When you place your mouse cursor over a QSO you see a hint message in yellow indicating that double click sets the QSL received indicator. It's not referring to the "QSO Rec" column but the whole QSO line!! so if you double click on any part of the QSO line the QSL received indicator will be set. This is done to speed up all the process.

Regarding the direct update this is not done automatically for performance reasons. In logbooks with few hundreds QSO it would refresh quickly. But in logbooks with thousands of QSO and depending the power of your computer everytime you check the QSL received box it will take a while to refresh!

The Register QSL card option is designed to speed up the process to register the reception of your QSL cards: enter a callsign, take an overview that the QSO data is ok then check the QSL received indicator. Believe me that an automatic update would cause a real pain for users having thousand of QSO. When you double click or manually check the box in the upper part the QSO is updated automatically. But the listing below needs to be refreshed to see the changes.

Best 73 and thank you for your comments
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog