Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.9b
01-04-2015, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 12:48 AM by EA3GCV.)
NEW version 5.9b
Dear users,

I have just released a new version which includes many corrections and some interesting enhancements. Among other things MixW users will find really interesting this new version because the link between Swisslog and MixW has been improved significatively.

PLEASE read the news of this version by clicking here:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/englis...5.htm#last

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
01-04-2015, 07:08 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.9b
Hello,
Thank you so much for the flash in Swisslog indicating the presence of a new version to download.
... And thank you for the work you bring to this great software.
Just a note: I lose every update available fields and their size in the QSO entry window.
Which file should I back before the update?
73 from F5AQB
02-04-2015, 05:02 PM,
Hi,

Because I received many complains about the blue font color in Add Qso I had to get back to the original black font color in the current version. So I had to delete the RPG files created when you customize the layout in order to reflect again the black font otherwise blue was standing. I didn,t realised that the rest of layout was missed...

These files won,t be deleted anymore in future versions but now I had to do it to acomplish this. Excuse me for your extra configuration work!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
02-04-2015, 07:03 PM,
Many thanks for your answer.
73 from F5AQB
04-04-2015, 03:56 PM,
Hi Jordi,
I noticed an anomaly in the lower part of the QSO window: it is no longer possible to change once the font type and size when in the "previous QSO" tab from the "menu options "
You can always make these changes, but field by field, from the command "Change the layout."
In the fixed part of the window (code, operator, QTH, etc), we can not change the font size.

73, from Jean-Marie - F5AQB
05-04-2015, 08:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Jean-Marie,

You can't change the font size or the font of many fixed parts of the windows. Only some texts or the font/size/color in the listings can be changed. Otherwise it would change to general view of the form. It's complicated to do so because there are many objects and parts involved in a form, not only text. I haven't changed anything of this function. It's as Walter programmed it. If you want to see everything bigger the best option is to change your screen resolution. Changing automatically the font or font size of the fixed parts of the windows is very problematic. Walter programmed this way for that reason. Honestly I don't know how to do it! Changing something like this would mean rewrite the whole code of Swisslog! Keep in mind that every small change I do in the source code needs a lot of time of understanding how Walter programmed it. I'm doing the best I know based on my Delphi programming skills and the knowledge of the structure of this huge program. I have my limits. What you want would suppose a big and important change of the Swislsog internal structure. If you change the font size everything in the form has to be resized accordingly and it's really complicated. The easy way to accomplish this is by changing the screen resolution. Even now that I have added the option to change the colors of the windows, a form like the Add QSO window is composed by dozens different sections that have to be assigned individually. There are many hours of work behind for this "simple" function from the user point of view. But it has been relatively easier because nothing had to be resized. Unfortunately not all can be customized. Please understand the complexity would suppose to make this "correction".

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
06-04-2015, 09:24 AM,
Thank you very much for your answer. I note that this is the screen resolution, but I do not understand. I have not touched these settings for many years. The only change on my PC is the transition from Windows XP to Windows 8.1 there is less than a year. It's not important. Again thank you for your help.

73 from F5AQB