Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eQSL synchronisation?
07-04-2015, 11:40 AM,
eQSL synchronisation?
I  use eQsl and would very much like to see an automated upload to eqsl.cc like the one that is used for LOTW. Can this be expected soon?

73 de JW6VDA
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
08-04-2015, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2015, 12:45 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: eQSL synchronisation?
Hello,

I fully agree to you and the eQSL synchronization is a challenge to me. Keep in mind that by far I don't have the programming skills Walter had! I'm doing the best I can and I know to keep Swisslog alive. Last 5 months I have been fully dedicated to Swisslog (more than 10 hours a day) studyng Delphi language and how Walter programmed Swisslog after my accident. But in a few weeks I will get back to work again and Swisslog needs a lot of time to learn and study. Believe me it's a very huge project! more than 1 milion lines of code and very sophisticated and complex. And it's not documented. Walter had all this in his mind. I'm in a jungle where I have to find out everything so I'm very limited. I'm really surprised of what I have done since version 5.9. But users must know my limitations.

Regarding the eQSL I need to use the LOTW code and forms as a template to compare and try to adapt to eQSL and the internal structure of Swisslog. But I have a problem! I can't modify the LOTW forms due to errors with the compiler. First I have to try to make a fresh install of all the programming tools Walter used and believe me is not an easy task! I don't have all components and the installation is really complex. I'm not a professional programmer as Walter was! I can't promiss anything to anybody but I can ensure that I will try to implement it in the future. Now I'm working in version 5.9c to implement some last enhacements to the MixW support and some minor things. After that I need to dedicate my time to try to make a fresh installation of Delphi programs used to develop Swisslog. It's basic to implement the eQSL support. If I don't succeed it will be really difficult... If someday I'm able to implement the eQSL supportit will be a dream come true. I don't give up easily so I will try it for sure!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-04-2015, 11:26 AM,
Thank you very much for your answer. Your efforts are much appreciated, and I do understand that this means a major job. Good luck, and best wishes!

best 73
Tom JW6VDA (also LA6VDA and OH6VDA)
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
10-05-2015, 10:44 AM,
(08-04-2015, 12:41 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello,

I fully agree to you and the eQSL synchronization is a challenge to me. Keep in mind that by far I don't have the programming skills Walter had! I'm doing the best I can and I know to keep Swisslog alive. Last 5 months I have been fully dedicated to Swisslog (more than 10 hours a day) studyng Delphi language and how Walter programmed Swisslog after my accident. But in a few weeks I will get back to work again and Swisslog needs a lot of time to learn and study. Believe me it's a very huge project! more than 1 milion lines of code and very sophisticated and complex. And it's not documented. Walter had all this in his mind. I'm in a jungle where I have to find out everything so I'm very limited. I'm really surprised of what I have done since version 5.9. But users must know my limitations.

Regarding the eQSL I need to use the LOTW code and forms as a template to compare and try to adapt to eQSL and the internal structure of Swisslog. But I have a problem! I can't modify the LOTW forms due to errors with the compiler. First I have to try to make a fresh install of all the programming tools Walter used and believe me is not an easy task! I don't have all components and the installation is really complex. I'm not a professional programmer as Walter was! I can't promiss anything to anybody but I can ensure that I will try to implement it in the future. Now I'm working in version 5.9c to implement some last enhacements to the MixW support and some minor things. After that I need to dedicate my time to try to make a fresh installation of Delphi programs used to develop Swisslog. It's basic to implement the eQSL support. If I don't succeed it will be really difficult... If someday I'm able to implement the eQSL supportit will be a dream come true. I don't give up easily so I will try it for sure!

Best 73
many thanks for all your hard work and efforts. I wait also to the connection with eQSL
vy 73 Kalle DM3BJ