Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using the Restore previou QRG move the rotator
17-05-2015, 08:56 PM,
using the Restore previou QRG move the rotator
Hello,
I don't know if it's normal, but when I hit the button restore previous QRG in the DX-Message windows, my rotator move also

And not the path it was before.

regards,
arno (hb9vid)
17-05-2015, 11:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-05-2015, 11:54 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: using the Restore previou QRG move the rotator
Hi Arno,

I haven't changed anything of this function so it's as it was programmed originally by Walter. I have revised the code and effectively when you hit the button you restore the previous QRG and also the rotor (if active) moves to the last position.

Everytime you turn the rotor it saves the current position in a variable before turning to the new position. When you hit the Restore QRG theoretically restore not only the previous QRG but the position saved in that variable (the last rotor position). I don't know why moved to other position different than the previous one. Nobody complained all this years.

If other users don't like to restore the rotator position when pressing this button I can change it in a future version. I suppose Walter programmed this way because it was requested from some user/s.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-05-2015, 04:29 PM,
RE: using the Restore previou QRG move the rotator
OK thanks
My rotator is only commanded since this year, so that's why I only discover this feature now.