Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10
04-08-2015, 05:50 PM,
Windows 10
Dear users,

Just a quick post to tell you that after a first testing working with Windows 10, Swisslog runs with no problems . I have updated the software requirements in the web site to reflect this.

Remember that from Windows Vista and higher operating systems, UAC must be disabled and Swisslog MUST BE installed as administrator. I highly recommend you to install this way all software, especially all radio amateur software. You will avoid many unexpected problems...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
25-01-2016, 08:34 PM,
RE: Windows 10
Hallo Jodi,

my Installation unter Windows 10 is working without Problems.
Now i will Import two logs in this new Installation of swisslog.
I have on twi different PC's :
log 1 with all qso's from 1966 to 1995
log 2 with all qso's from 2000 to today.
I will Import this logs in my new Installation as ADIF Files!
Now my Questions
Is that the rigt way?
How do I create ADIF files from log 1 and log2 ?
To install the logs have i to disable UAC again?
After the Installation of Swisslog on Windows 10 I enabled UAC.
Was that correct?

73 Hans-Jochen DK1MG
26-01-2016, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-01-2016, 01:33 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Windows 10
Hi Hans-Jocken,

I don't really know if you have all these QSO in Swisslog format or ADIF format... if you have them in Swisslog format (Windows version 5) you can mix your QSO in your current database. But if in these logs you are using different My QTH I recommend you to export into ADIF every My QTH and import back to the new Swisslog database separated by My QTH. If you send me your logs I will do it for you so that you can have a single database with all QSO together. Send them to me in LZH, ZIP or RAR format to ea3gcv@hotmail.com.

Regarding the Swisslog installation UAC must be disabled once. If you keep UAC enabled you will get a lot of problems with amateur radio software in general if you install them in the C:\Program files folder because when UAC is enabled windows protects this folder and when running these programs system is really working with another folder located in (in case of Swisslog):

C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES\SWISSLOG (32 bits editions)
C:\USERS\YOURUSERNAME\APPDATA\LOCAL\VIRTUALSTORE\PROGRAM FILES (x86)\SWISSLOG (64 bits editions)

This is a bundle because user believes it's really working with the program folder in C:\Program Files\Swisslog. That's the reason i highly recommend to disable UAC and ALWAYS run installers in programs as administrator. This a very popular hint you will find in many computing specialized magazines. If you are a single user of your computer it's a must.

If user don't want to disable UAC the only way to avoid problems is to install Swisslog (and other amateur radio software) out of the Program Files folder i.e: C:\HAM\Swisslog, C:\RADIO\Swisslog, etc). But ALWAYS run installers as administrator! when program is installed I also recommed to "force" running as administrator by right clicking in the program icon located in desktop, select Properties | Compatibility tab and check the "Run as admministator" checkbox. This way you will ensure that Swisslog (or any other program you do this) is really running with full admministrator rights. Believe me, if you don't do this you will get unexpected results and program won't work as it should be. This must be done in Windows vista and higher operating systems! This happen in Swisslog, MixW and many many amateur radio software. Please read this thread I posted explaining in detail all this about UAC and administrator rights:

http://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/...hp?tid=205

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog