14-09-2015, 09:08 PM,
RE: Swiss Update
Additional info
Can se I have a very old version laying as backup in another directionary

Have unfortunately used this one

But when I try to reinstall it goes in same directory

How to change this one

Br Arne OZ4VW
15-09-2015, 12:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015, 12:36 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Arne,

First of all it's extremely important that you follow strictly the information given in the first screen of the installer if you are using Windows Vista or higher. If you haven't done so uninstall version 5.9d from Add/Quit programs and install again after following strictly the information given in that screen. Always REMEMBER to make a backup of your Swisslog database and other personal files before updating or uninstalling Swisslog! To avoid problems I highly recommend to make the Swisslog database backup by using the File | Save.. function of Swisslog better than manually copy the Swisslog database.

Version 5.8 and older didn't have a proper installer as it is now that writes a registry key with the Swisslog installation folder. So the best way to detect the installation folder of previous versions is to check the location of the SWISSLV5.INI. This is the Swisslog configuration file and (normally) you should only have a copy of it in your computer. During setup you have to select UPDATE FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS, select the drive where v5.8 is located and let the installer to automatically search for this file to detect the installation folder. When it finds the file it prompts you the folder where the new installation will be done. There have been important changes in the Queries folder structure! all this is explained in the different screens of the installer so PLEASE READ ALL SCREENS CAREFULLY! If you have more than a Swisslog copy in your computer (as your case that you have a backup copy of your entire Swisslog folder) things are becoming a bit complicated for the installer so probably the installer will try to install in a folder which is not correct. When setup displays the folder where new version will be installed you have to check if it's correct. Otherwise you have to manually select the proper folder. I have tried to make things easier during installation but if you have different copies of the Swisslog folder in the same drive it's impossible to know which one is the real and which one is a backup. So user action is needed in these cases.

If you have a backup of your Swisslog database and all other important files and you don't mind to setup again some Swisslog functions (transceiver control, Telnet connections, etc) the best way is to uninstall version 5.8 and install version 5.9d from scratch. Select NEW INSTALLATION when installing version 5.9d. By default Swisslog will be installed in C:\Program Files\Swisslog (you can change it). Remember that previously you have had to follow the steps explained in the first screen of the installer if using Windows Vista or higher! I insist a lot because if you don't do this Swisslog won't work properly because Swisslog must be installed with administrator rights and UAC must be disabled first! Otherwise Swisslog will work in a very different folder than C:\Program Files\Swisslog. This also applies to all software (especially radio software) so if you install it without administrator rights the results are unexpected!

If you did all the above steps properly, after installing the new version you have to restore your Swisslog database (File | Restore), register the program again and setup Swisslog as before (transceiver control, Telnet, etc).

If you are still in trouble I would have to make a remote connection to your computer to check online what happens. Please download Teamviewer and place it in your desktop: http://www.teamviewer.com/link/?url=505374&id=279590622

Run Teamviewer and send me the ID and password in Skype (user: jordiQQ or ea3gcv@hotmail.com) . You may also send me a Whatsapp message to my phone +34656409020 when you are ready to connect. Tomorrow I could make the remote connection.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
15-09-2015, 10:36 PM,
Hello JorgeWill look into this in the weekend

Only problem was my glasses was not clear enough so I choose a wrong folder

Have a nice evening

Br Arne OZ4VW
15-09-2015, 11:27 PM,
Now it is installed and start to Work
First point: Will not save setting ( open blank ) when I have closed it Down and open Again

Br Arne OZ4VW
15-09-2015, 11:50 PM,
Hi Jorge

Now running Will play a bit with it in the weekend

Br and TNX for very nice job
Arne OZ4VW