Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import .LZH-file
03-10-2015, 09:36 AM,
Import .LZH-file
Good morning,

installing swisslog on a new pc having now trouble importing my last .LZH-file.
How should I proceed?

Vy 73 de Annette, DL6SAK
03-10-2015, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 11:05 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Import .LZH-file
Hi Annete,

First of all if you have Windows Vista or higher, you have to install and run Swisslog (in fact I suggest ALL window programs) with administrator rights. This is done by right clicking on the file and select "Run as a administrator". You have first to disable UAC (User Account Control) and restart. Google "Disable UAC" and add your operating system to know how to do it. This is explained in the first screen of the installer but I don't know why most users don't read and follow the installation process without doing this which is extremely important, otherwise you may get unexpected results. I will change this in the next version and Swisslog couldn't be installed if it doesn't meet the required administrator level. This way I will avoid many problems and I will ensure Swisslog is installed correctly in all systems. You can also force to run as a administrator in programs you have already installed by right clicking in the program icon, select Properties, Compatibility tab, and check the box "Run as a admnistrator". If you haven't done this, please uninstall, perform this: disable UAC, restart then run the Swisslog installer as administrator.

Once Swisslog is installed properly, you have to go to File | Restore. In the Target database make sure you have selected your current database (by default is in C:\Program Files\Swisslog\DB\SWLOG_V5.MDB). Select your LZH file in the BACKUP File section, check is the LZH is single file or segmented then press Restore. All QSO should be now imported to the current database.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-10-2015, 10:57 PM,
RE: Import .LZH-file
Dear Jordi,

thank you for fast answer!

Installation with administration rights was done correctly.
Bit running Swisslog as an administrator was the key for solving the problem.

Great that you have the patience for explaining again and again the same things Wink

Vy 73 de Annette