Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QSO invalid DXCC
03-10-2015, 09:14 AM,
QSO invalid DXCC
Hello,
How to see the DXCC QSO invalid in the logbook?
Those with code DXCC = nothing or those who had the code "Q".
73 from F5AQB
03-10-2015, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015, 10:29 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: QSO invalid DXCC
Hi,

As explained in the Swisslog history in version 5.9b:

Corrected: The country table maintained by Hardy, DL5SBA (SK) set the DXCC 'Q' to some callsigns which were not valid for the DXCC. The current country table doesn't set this because created a new entry in the DXCC statistic giving bad results. So in these cases the best way is to leave the DXCC field blank. This version corrects automatically this and finds all your QSO with 'Q' as DXCC and leave them blank to avoid this bad behaviour. I recommend to check in a logbook view all QSO having the DXCC field BLANK in order to manually set the correct DXCC. Probably you will find QSO with GB, CE9 and other stations that Swisslog could not set the right DXCC field based on the callsign.

So you wouldn't have any DXCC = Q in your logbook. In case you find one please go to TOOLS | For expert only - Run SQL script and select the DXCC-WAE corrections.sql  which is inside the SCRIPTS folder. It will change all your QSO found with a 'Q' in the DXCC field by a blank.

To select an empty DXCC in the logbook view, locate the DXCC column, open the arrow and select "Blanks". You will see all QSO with DXCC = empty. You can set the right DXCC in every QSO if you know it. PLEASE don't set any DXCC to /MM, /AM or pirate operations! if you are not sure which DXCC belongs for a certain QSO it's better to leave the DXCC field empty to avoid bad statistic results.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
04-10-2015, 06:07 PM,
RE: QSO invalid DXCC
Hello Jordi,
Thank you for your quick and complete answer. I have the latest version of Swisslog, and I read the information in the presentation.
My logbook consists QSO & INF_DXCC tables. The type of join was not good: it does not display contacts with DXCC not validated by the ARRL. I just corrected.
Again thank you for the service you bring to Swisslog.

73 from Jean-Marie - F5AQB